Abolishing Borders from Below Magazine for sale (1 Viewer)

contrariwise

Website
www.easpameasa.cjb.net
hi there,
i'll have some copies of the most recent issue of Abolishing Borders from Below - an anarchist magazine which focusses on Eastern Europe.
http://www.abb.hardcore.lt/
This issue has interviews with croatian anarcha-feminists, romanian activists. Reports from the anti-G8 protests in St. Petersburg, anti-fascist action etc. etc. There's a lot of reading in there, it's very interesting content that you're probably not going to hear about otherwise. it's 3 euro a pop.
I'll have some for sale at the porco dio gig 30th november or pm me to work something else out.

thanks.

anarcha-feminists?
Something to do with Spiders
Makes even less sense than Anarcho-feminism!

The "a" at the end denotes femininity, the "o" however doesn't denote the masculine there's a wikipedia row about it. Semantics!

"The term "anarcha-feminism" incorrectly uses the suffix "a" to denote femininity. The prefix anarcho- stems from the Greek "an archos" (without leaders), and is not gendered male." - Wikipedia

whether 'anarcho' stems from 'an archos' or from 'anarchism' (which has no 'o', although it obviously also stems from 'an archos') is an arbitrary argument. seeing as anarcho-communism, primitivism etc. are english terms, there's no particular reason to think that the people who originally came up with those terms were aware of the original greek spellings involved. and anyway, 'os' is a masculine word ending in greek, so saying that 'anarcho' isn't gendered because it stems from 'an archos' is clearly rather silly.

i'm standing by that argument until a greek person shows up and says i'm talking total shit.
anyway before anyone starts calling me a man-hating trouser-wearing abortion-loving camomile-tea-drinking feminist or anything, i'm not trying to argue about sexism, i just like semantics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back