A Silver Mount wha'? (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
Anyone notice how crap the sound quality/production was last night? Come to think of it, the Doves and the At The Drive-In gigs sounded shite too. Totally ruins the gig in my opinion - don't get me wrong, it's not the bands' fault but what exactly are we paying our good money for when we could just stick a pair of walkman earphones on and turn the volume up to 10 to get the same effect...

I thought the whole night was just awful. Both bands, sound quality, temperature inside and outside the venue and the Phalanx of Diced Iranian Lamb in a Mediterranean Mint Dressing was substandard at best.

Conor, that's probably your tinnitus acting up - caused no doubt by turning your Walkman headphones up to ten all the time.

frankie sparow
i heard that he spent 4 years in a correctional facility for breaking into homes for the mentally handicapped and giving them all oral sex.could have been a lie though.

He was actually quite good in a mellow will oldham/songs:eek:hia kinda way for the first cupla songs.

Actually does anyone know if Songs: Ohia are playing with Glen Hansard next week for definite or if TRM are playing the Hirameka Hi-Fi gig?

dunno what you're all on about.. the sound was great from where i was standing (near the stage by the side) and i thought a silver mt zion were fucking excellent (even if it did go on a bit too long & it was roasting inside..).

the story with TRM at next weeks Hirameka Hi-Fi/Reynolds gig is still: If Niall Byrne's baby is born (it's currently overdue), they'll play, if not, they won't. You'll know in advance whatever happens.

Anyway, hirameka and reynolds will rock whelan's with our without trm's help.

At the most recent gigs I've been to in Whelan's (last night and last week), the sound has been poor for the main act and better for the support act(s). Funny enough, on both occasions the main act had brought their own sound guy - maybe there's some trick to the desk that only the house sound engineer knows

Ta.
well i've heard a few people who were near the front say it sounded great so maybe it was just because i was down near the back or maybe my ears are messed up. don't get me worng - i like the record but just thought it didn't transfer to live performance very well - i sorta noticed the lack of drums but i never did listening to the record.
anyways here's wishing all the best for Niall Byrne's babbee.

Sorry egg, that last one was in response to damien. The different sound engineer thing would go a long was to explaining it 'cos the three string instruments seemed much clearer when sparow was playing and then seemed overloaded when it came to the main thing.

yeah, the temperature at the at the drive in gig was mad, because I was wearing a big woolly jumper, cus I didn't want to take it off..I have reasons, and another thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back