A-Political, Pocket Billiards, Lobotomies, Anti-State, Fri 4th Dec Derry (1 Viewer)

sean

Website
www.myspace.com

Not my gig, Anti State are putting it on, should be good.

Taking the stage of Sandino’s Bar, Water Street on Friday 4th December will be one of the best SKA outfits to bust out of Ireland in the last decade has got to be with out doubt Belfast’s very own Pocket Billiards. The nine piece skank stars have their very own SKA sound with a wide range of now classic influences, from the legendary 2 Tone gods such as the Specials, to punk influences from the likes of Operation Ivy and The MM Bosstones.

Speaking to Pocket Billiards earlier on their own style they commented that “We also love Rage Against The Machine, Faith No More and Johnny Cash! As a band we have quite a varied taste in music and this shows through our music.” If you love your SKA then this undoubtedly has got to be the gig for you.

Also on stage will be none other than A-Political comprising of ex-members of Belfast’s Anarcho punk band Stalag 17. “A-Political has been together for a couple of years now with a few prestigious gigs under their belts (Drumacanoo Punx Picnic/Subhumans in Belfast) the band is starting to get noticed. It's all about getting out there and doing it and that's where we're at now”.

The evening’s billed as a solidarity benefit in aid of the Warzone Collective, an alternative social space with an Anarcho punk D-I-Y ethos based around the political punk music scene from the 1980’s Giro’s Café on Belfast which gave birth to countless now groundbreaking outfits from Toxic Waste, Pink Turds in Space to FUAL.

To top it all off the evenings line up will also host to Belfast’s energetic ‘brain dead punks’ The Lobotomies who are not no strangers to the North West and last but not least a taste of Derry’s very own hardcore punk outfit Anti-State with a growing list of classic 80’s punk & Oi! tunes. The Warzone solidarity event kicks off on Friday 4th December at Sandino’s Bar in Derry’s, Water Street. Admission is a highly respectable £4. All proceeds go to aid the Warzone Social Centre project.

SKA & Anarchy

Friday 4th December
Sandino’s Bar
Water Street, Derry
Admission £4

If I'm at this gig, I'll have a small distro with Riistetyt's new album on vinyl 'Kuolonhymneja', and on cd Coitus, National Distasters, various crust from Peru, Brazil and lots of other bits and bobs. Hopefully see you there Alex

Aye the rotten 4 year old banner that ive been trying to get rid of for 3 years and 11 months. Jim recons the shitter things are, the cooler they are.

So that's what people mean when they say my band are cool.!bing!bing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back