8xAnalog to ADAT interface (2 Viewers)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
At the moment my non-existant budget is steering me towards the Behringer ADA8000 ...Its on Thomann for €239. I plan mostly to use it for accepting line inputs from a desk while for recording live gigs so I'm not that concerned about the quality of the pre's but twould be nice if the pre's were half decent for recording in the future. Anyone have any experience with this St. Bernards bit of kit?

Or is it worth investing the extra cash in the Octopre LE at €489...can't afford it right now, but if the ADA8000 is muck I guess I have no choice...although would seem a waste getting all those nice pre's if I never really use them.

Whats the difference between the Octopre and OctoPre LE...apart from 400 spons?

Also can anyone linkage me the optical cable required to hook up the Digi002R with either the Behringer or Octopre?

Cheers lads...great to hear that the "Dunnes Stores" of the recording world has churned out a nice piece of kit, and at a decent price.

Look like its going on the christmas present list. .|..|

So here's Pauper question no. 1...which pre-amp would be better/less-shit...the ones on the digi002 or the Behringer?

did you mention you use their VAmps somewhere?

Oh yeah :)
I have a V-amp - It's decent enough once you avoid all the fx and stuff (they're seriously noisy).
There are three sounds I use on it. I've got a Pod XT too and I only use 3 sounds on that too.

Cheers lads...great to hear that the "Dunnes Stores" of the recording world has churned out a nice piece of kit, and at a decent price.

So here's Pauper question no. 1...which pre-amp would be better/less-shit...the ones on the digi002 or the Behringer?

Hard to say without doing an a/b comparison. Something for you to do over the christmas holidays :)

I metion the VAmps above cause I picked up their bass version, which includes a few guitar amps and some keyboard stuff too, while I'm not sold on amp modelling in general, I really can't fault the sounds out of this thing... some really nice usable stuff, with sensible effects that aren't just toys.... and shredding along with the Messa Rectfier sound is too much fun... I was anxious about the whole Behringer thing, but it's grand like...

The only downside is it feels like if you sneezed at it too hard it'd probably fall apart... no harm, it's saying right on my desk for the most part.

I got a Motu 828 mk-II for this job.. but then again, I don't need 8 more pres, just 8 more analog outs.
Got my optical cable in that gadgetry place on George's street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back