80's dublin (2 Viewers)

maybe its used to signify that in the states and in the movies but the shoes that hang from the lines round my way are just thrown up for the craic. defo not thrown up by dealers.

This has been mentioned many times on these and many other boards.

It's a drugs for sale sign.

Obviously, some shoes get thrown up for a laugh at some stages. But, most of them are there for a reason. It's not as if the cops don't know where drugs are being sold. But non-local scummers also need to know.

Ever notce how soon they get taken down after dealers have been "moved on"? How does that happen?

That chimbley's still there. The Swastika's not.

It means drugs are for sale there, according to a politician I heard talking about the social problems in the docklands

Don't be ridiculous. It's simply a harsh reminder of what happens when tightrope walkers have their laces tied together.

if you find any photos of the Swastka Laundry chimney in Ballsbridge be sure to post them here. pretty sure it still existed in the early eighties.

image_large

That was definitely there well into the eighties, I remember seeing it when I was riding the bike out that direction. I would not have been allowed that far alone until I was 8 or nine I would guess...
I thought i had a photo in a book here but it's just a side note.

I was looking for info on that Laundry... and ended up at www.stormfront.org.

Bizzaro shit on that site. They have a House and Homemaking forum, good nazi vegetables to grow, seriously.
Apparently White Shadow heard a rumour that French Restaurants serve *smaller* portions than in the US, and, with blinding scalpel like logic jumped to the hypothesis that this might have something to do with French people generally not having to buy two airplane seats to fit themselves into.

Obviously, some shoes get thrown up for a laugh at some stages. But, most of them are there for a reason. It's not as if the cops don't know where drugs are being sold. But non-local scummers also need to know.

Ever notce how soon they get taken down after dealers have been "moved on"? How does that happen?
in the states maybe, but not here.

in Ireland maybe, but not here.

It means drugs are for sale there, according to a politician I heard talking about the social problems in the docklands

thats true!!! Around the Corner from Eyre Square near the Docks again theres the same. And I've seen in the county alot in small town above where it is well know drugs are for sale.

thats true!!! Around the Corner from Eyre Square near the Docks again theres the same. And I've seen in the county alot in small town above where it is well know drugs are for sale.
coincidence

Yeah. Illegal drugs being sold in Ireland.

Puh-leeeze.

Trust me, there were definately illegal drugs being being sold in Ireland when I lived there.

Here you never got back to me on the kayaking btw.

this thread is shit. where's the rag and bone man from thomas st?
less yap. more pictures.

I agree, the lack of rep made me forget whats funny and whats just stupid

normal service will resume shortly

sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back