23 Shades Of Irish Punk & Hardcore (1 Viewer)

23 Shades of Irish Punk and Hardcore" is now released!
You can order a copy by sending a cheque with E8 addressed to Joost Bos,
to:
Joost Bos
Monmore
Kilrush
Co.Clare
along with your postal address.

Just a reminder that I've reduced the price to 8 euros instead of 10 euros!

Cheers!

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/loudfastrude/blog#ixzz10qSFQnQy

"23 Shades of Irish Punk and Hardcore" Release
Loud, Fast and Rude Records are releasing their debut album "23 Shades of Irish Punk and Hardcore", a compilation featuring 23 explosive punk and hardcore bands from the island of Ireland!
The compilation is in its final stages of production, and should be finished within the next two to three weeks. You can reserve a copy by emailing [email protected]
Pre-ordering will only cost you 8E instead of the usual 10E which the album will cost after release. A free sampler download will be availible soon also!

Among the bands are: Paranoid Visions, Axis Of, Ructions, Only Fumes and Corpses, MongoHorn, Dubtones, Famine, Excuses, The Freebooters, Murdock, Frustration, Beanz On Toast and many more!

Email me for more information!

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/loudfastrude/blog#ixzz10qSY5Sbn

So it's a sampler download now, does that mean it's not all the songs on it?

cant believe he put fucking Paranoid Visions on it....they're garbage

I saw loudfastrude was lurking here a minute ago....DE LURK YERSELF LAD!

lurker.jpg

Hey everybody.
Sorry about the shit. I owe you guys an explanation here.

I made 75 copies, at the production cost of 4 euros each. Thats 300 euros I have spent in total.
I am giving away about 30 copies for free, to bands involved, and radio stations/venues/promoters abroad, especially in holland and germany
where I have friends and relations.
I put the cost at 10 euros because I wanted to get the costs back as soon as possible. I'm 18 years old, have no income and thus I can't make a huge amount of albums, which I could've sold more of, for a much lower price, in order to cover my costs. I will be traveling around europe in a week's time, another reason why I wanted the money back as soon as possible.
So far I've only sold about 15 albums (obviously because no-one wants to buy a CD-R for 10 euros), I'm still not out of my costs. If I manage to cover my costs it is my intention to upload the album for free as a download. I did not do that sooner because I would only make a loss, due to everybody downloading it, of course.

I realise that 10 euros is WAY too much to pay for something like this, as is 8 euros, which is the price it is now. But, please understand that with only 75 copies, of which half are going for free so I can promote the Irish scene, I need to sell the rest at that price to make it out of my costs.
I know, this has the potential to make me a large profit, if I make many more and sell them cheaper. But I just dont have the money to invest into more copies.
This is the first time I've done something like this, I had no idea how much people would want to pay for the album.

Say I was selling ALL the 75 albums, I'd only have to charge you guys 4 euros for it. But that means nothing for the bands, and none get sent to promoters, radio shows, and venues.

Again, I'm sorry about this. The price is staying at 8 euros, even if you guys dont want to buy any. I can't make any more as I need all my money for my travels, so the only way I can prevent a loss is selling the ones I have for 8 euros. If anyone wants to invest for me to make some more, by all means do, but it aint coming out of my account.
Once my costs are covered, I will put the album up as a download if no-one has done so already. And if I do make more of them, They will be 4 euros each.

There, hope that's cleared it up. Oh and Gaz, this is me delurking.

Yours,
Joost Bos

Aye, obviously not impressed with the price but at least there's a solid explanation for it.

Copy it off someone else or wait for a download! Thats what everyone does anyways :)

I presume I already have the songs on it from the bands I'm bothered with but prolly will anyways. If it was a fiver I'd buy it straight away though. Hope you make you're money back and fair play for actually getting it done and out there.

The only thing I am going to say is when cd-r's keep to the little plastic sleeves where you can shove in a CD and a couple of photographed pages it may not look as good, but at least people know what they are going to get instead of opening up a jewel case CD box only to see a copied CD-r which to be honest would fairly piss you off it happen with the Amebix DVD after people paying out and waiting a month or 2 the DVD finally arrive and the disc was DVD-r (for some people and they felt gipped out of it, but at the same point that was only one of the complaints about that DVD).Anyway ya the plastic sleeves It keeps costs down and from my experience comps really really dont sell well and either do CDs for that matter.
I must say I really love the attitude and Idea behind it and I can see where you are coming exactly from with the design of everything and it is unfortunate that it is so high, but costs wise it really is very high I do sell some CDs for €8 but it is for good reasons. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE YOUR MONEY BACK ON RELEASES and if you do please let me in on how you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back