23 Shades Of Irish Punk & Hardcore (1 Viewer)

Corrosive M.

I got my ears into the new compilation, "23 Shades Of Irish Punk & Hardcore" and I gotta say I was pretty damn surprised the variety and standard of the Irish punk scene.

Like its a pretty amazing thing, even with the music aside cause it gives bands a basis for networking and sorting out gigs, and it introduces different bands to different fanbases and such, just thought it deserved a bit of credit for what its doing.

Just wondering what's your opinion on it?
Any particular favorite band on it?
For those who haven't a copy, I highly recommend it, its only €10 from Joost at Loud, Fast & Rude.

http://www.myspace.com/loudfastrude

Saw discussion of this over on moshspace. Is it true that this is a "non profit" affair and the guy is charging €10 for CD-Rs?? even if they were proper CDs it doesn't cost anywhere near €10 to get something like this produced.

They were going for €8 at last weeks gig in FIbber's, there was alot of handwork on the CD but I said to him it should be 5 max.

I had a look earlier- and just now had a look again

where is the band list hidden?

ah!!thanks

they should really put this on the main information page though

FRUSTRATION,
Ghundi,
Paranoid Visions (check out our webshop!),
MongoHorn,
RUCTIONS,
Corrosive Machine,
FAMINE,
Only Fumes & Corpses,
The Freebooters,
Excuses,
the gakk,
Crúibín,
The Gremlinz,
the DUBTONES,
BEANZ ON TOAST,
blank.,
Fag Enablerz,
Axis Of,
T.C.P,
Septic Pussy,
MURDOCK

So has anyone heard any explanation of how a "not for profit" cd costs €10? I'm gonna presume it's because some are being given away to radio and blogs or something like that but would still like to hear mr loudfastrude's explanation. As is I think a lot of people are going to be put off by the price and hence the aim of the comp which I thought was to spread the word on Irish punk and hardcore fails.

Also were the cds in fibbers proper pro cds or just cdrs?

a tenners an awful lot in this day and age alright..considering music is free now n all

whats the story..is someone gonna fucking up this or what?I wanna hear it..might be choons I can use n shit......

Got this is in the post a wee while ago....I'd forgotten all about it to be honest.... Ten euro is a lot of money for this....Someone post a link to the Moshspace discussion?

shit..I dont like where this is going....I'm sure the lad is sound

Saw discussion of this over on moshspace. Is it true that this is a "non profit" affair and the guy is charging €10 for CD-Rs?? even if they were proper CDs it doesn't cost anywhere near €10 to get something like this produced.[/QUOTE

non profit me arse!

its a cdr

one cd given to each band..."I can buy one for a tenner if I want"

errrr....yes please

Hey all, Joost from Loud Fast and Rude Radio (West Clare) here.

I'm starting a project at the moment, hoping to make a compilation album
exclusively featuring hardcore and punk bands from the whole island! So I'm sending this out to all of yez asking you to donate one or two tracks which will be included in the album.

The album will be NON-profit, as in, I'm selling it for what it cost me to make. A hard-copy will be availible with the nice cover and stuff, and I'm putting the album up for Free download on several download mirrors. It will not be copyrighted, so ye all can make as many copies as you can and give it away to your friends. I can only afford to send one free copy per band featured.

I'd be glad, fucking exuberant, if you'd accept! There's no cash involved here, but it's an excellent way to get yourselves out there, for any fledgling bands, and bands that have been around for a while. I'm hoping to promote the album to venues, promoters, radio, and the wider web.

Cheers, and all the best,

Joost Bos

That's the mail I got from him on myspace btw. Think I'll download it and sell them for a tenner too. Surely people will buy one or two and I can get pissed on friday. hahaha

That's the mail I got from him on myspace btw. Think I'll download it and sell them for a tenner too. Surely people will buy one or two and I can get pissed on friday. hahaha

Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back