2023 Tunes, not albums, Thread (2 Viewers)

ooh yreah this is sweet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just heard this for the first time today. New Irish band called Touch Excellent. Singer has a great voice

Just heard this for the first time today. New Irish band called Touch Excellent. Singer has a great voice

Ever fallen in love with someone........

I don't have a spotify account can't hear it

edit

“There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.”​

― Mark Twain, Mark Twain's Own Autobiography: The Chapters from the North American Review

They mightn't have heard of a punk band from 3 generations ago though

It also sounds like it was recorded on a phone.
nothing wrong with that

I do think they were a bit unfortunate,like,theres a million half obscure songs out there that it would be grand to sound like..the one they got lumbered with...is part of the furniture at this stage.

The kids mightn't have heard it but the old timers are sick of it

The key point I take from Twain here is a combination of old ideas to make something rather than a single old idea. Suppose you could argue that they combined the first half of the Ever Fallen in Love chorus melody with the second half.

Anyhow they probably have seen Shrek 2 even if they aren't familiar with the Buzzcocks.

Ann Post's Mark Twain quote (which didn't link for some reason) hits the nail on the head.

was thinking about this a lot recently. Basically ''ORIGINALITY / INNOVATION'' is bunk and while we (especially myself) could argue what sounds genuinely new, the debate is a huge waste of time.
I just keep my ears open on as many fronts as I can manage and listen to the whatever appeals.

The key point I take from Twain here is a combination of old ideas to make something rather than a single old idea. Suppose you could argue that they combined the first half of the Ever Fallen in Love chorus melody with the second half.

Anyhow they probably have seen Shrek 2 even if they aren't familiar with the Buzzcocks.

ah be fair now. They ditched the good guitar bit and changed the theme as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back