100 guitarists - more needed (1 Viewer)

panckko

CALL FOR 100 GUITARISTS
Glenn Branca is seeking 80 guitarists and 20 bass players for his upcoming performance
of "Symphony No.13 (Hallucination City)". This performance will be in Dublin on July 15 at
Grand Canal Square sponsored by Note Productions.
There will be two rehearsals on July 13 and 14 from 11:00 to 21:00 on both days. And a
sound check at the performance site on the day of the concert.
It will not be possible to pay so all musicians must volunteer their time, but food and drink
will be supplied at all rehearsals and the performance.
All musicians will need to be able to read standard staff notation.
For more information contact [email protected] and you will be sent a detailed info
sheet.

Thanks for your help,
Reg

Am thinking of doing this, but haven't read sheet music since grade 2 piano when I was 12 or sumshit. Is it possible to pick it up again quickly for guitar, specifically one that's tuned EEEEEE?

most importantly you would have to know about rests. its not too difficult but would take alot of practice

most importantly you would have to know about rests. its not too difficult but would take alot of practice

Cheers. I shall brush up on me rests. Do you have a copy of the score by any chance?

I'm quite interested in taking part in this. I sent them an e-mail a while ago about it, but the reply I got sort of scared me off, what with the staff notation and the part about "double-strumming and downstroke chording" (whatever they are). I did piano lessons for about ten years, and I've been playing guitar for about 7 years, so I could probably handle it. To the dude above: how did you get hold of the notation? In the e-mail it said to send them your postal address so they could send it to you, but I didn't want to committ to it if it turned out to be too difficult. Could you possibly give us a preview so we can judge just how hard it is? Thanks.

I just got sent the bass parts ... hmmmmmm ... I wouldn't say it's that hard to play. I can read music but I can't sight-read (i.e. read and play at the same time) so it would mean a lot of "working out" beforehand .... thinking about it ....

Double strumming is just fast , even up and down strumming. No big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back