10 free gigs at Pine Lodge (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Morrish

Website
blog.myspace.com
HEAD OVER HEELS
SUNDAY 3RD AUGUST - 9pm - (Bank Holiday Weekend)
------------------------------------------------
THE KAREN UNDERWOOD BAND
SATURDAY 9th august - 9pm
EL DIABLO
SUNDAY 10TH AUGUST - 9pm
Bandicoot Promotions Presents:
Indie Pop From Dublin
THE CHALETS
+ Rest
Friday 15th August - 9pm
Following an absence of 5 months from the Dublin live scene, during which time they have been off in the Isle of Man writing new material and playing*more sunnier climes such as Glasgow, some members of the Chalets also found the time to dedicate themselves to selfless charity work while other members have taken up formula 5000 motor racing and ultimate fighting as hobbies. The Chalets have been causing quite a stir on the Irish live scene since their first gig last May, winning rave reviews and a considerable amount of fans along the way. They have just committed their first release to 7 inch white vinyl, a split single with Neosupervital on the Road Relish singles club, complete with artwork and design by the Chalets. The Chalets track was also recorded live for the Dave Fanning/Jay Ahern Session's on 2FM. Their early gigs have included supports to rock monsters Warlords Of Pez, Redneck Manifesto, Japanese all girl punk band eX-Girl and an inclusion on the bill of the Irish Rough Trade tour. The line-up consists of 2 girls, 2 boys and a drummer. Together they make infectiously catchy songs which offer a new angle on pop.
JUUTE
Saturday 16th August - 9pm
PHONOGRAPH
Saturday 23rd August - 9pm
A Night Of Ska, Reggae & Punk Classics
THE NAILDRIVERS
Saturday 30th August - 9pm
-------
- COMING SOON -
Fri Sept 26th
The Immortal Lee County Killers
(from U.S.A.) - t.b.c. (a bandicoot promotion)

Sun Oct 19th
Jetplane Landing
(from London) - t.b.c. (a bandicoot promotion)

Sun Nov 2nd
Goldblade
(from Manchester) - t.b.c. (a bandicoot promotion)

'tis a cool place, practially on a cliff overlooking the entrance to cork harbour, about 60-80 capacity i reckon from attending shows there.

Not sure on the money situation, emmet at bandicoot books the alternative stuff there (Handsome Family, Czars, Posies, I am Kloot, Kitt, Supersuckers, Bob Log, American Analog Set, the Apes, Lonesome Organist, Jetplane Landing, and loads more)

i think some booze company own it and pay for gigs? murphys? someone told me that shit. i was there for Enon and it was amazing. it's like "scenic" and shit...real nice.

yeah, Enon was a great show there, they totally rocked!

It's not true that a booze company own the place though, that's a suburban myth, though I assume one or more booze companies contribute loot in some small way towards the band fees. It's owned by a local family, one of whom is a big music fan.

They average about 1 gig a week, sometimes 2, some weeks none.

RAD-ALARM said:
i think some booze company own it and pay for gigs? murphys? someone told me that shit. i was there for Enon and it was amazing. it's like "scenic" and shit...real nice.

We'll have to look into it for the album release tour. Anyone got an email addy for Emmet, or if Emmet sees this maybe he could PM me?

Ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back