£50m for Stevie Gerrard (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3063891.stm

The russian bastard is just having a laugh now. There is no player worth £50m.

He should save his money for his future gambling outings with Hasselbaink and Gronkaer.

i cant see ranieri lasting long...he's a proven world class builder of teams, not really a manager of superstars like Del Bosque or Hitzfeld would be.

In fairness, Raneiri has done well for Chelsea...its hard to fault him apart from his rotational tactics which mightn't go down well with the big names...but it seems he got rid of that system at the end of last year.

So far I can't see him having any attitude problems from the likes of Johnson or Geremi...if he can deal with Hasselbaink he can probably put up with other divas.

Beanstalk said:
In fairness, Raneiri has done well for Chelsea...its hard to fault him apart from his rotational tactics which mightn't go down well with the big names...but it seems he got rid of that system at the end of last year.

So far I can't see him having any attitude problems from the likes of Johnson or Geremi...if he can deal with Hasselbaink he can probably put up with other divas.

i agree that he has done a good job...after all, Chelsea have improved every year and are in the champions league next year.

however, if chelsea buy (as being reported in the media) viera, vieri, duff and a few more players, it may unbalance the whole team. if these guys come in, the squad will be large considering they havent sold anyone yet..the larger the squad, the more unhappy players you have as they arent getting a game....which may cause unrest, backroom disputes and jealousy among the players.

did you read that milan refused a €50 million bid for nesta (apparently)... what a buy that would have been.

Breaking news

With less than six weeks to go before the start of the new season, newly rich London also-rans Chelsea appear to have scooped the transfer deal of the year. In an unprecedented move the London club's new owner, Roman Abramovich, is reported to have signed every player in the Premiership. The record breaking GBP3.4billion bid is expected to be concluded on Friday morning. Pressed for a comment on the breaking news, Abramovich was quick to set the story straight:
'Whilst it is true we have signed 674 new players, I would like to quash the rumour that we are in any way connected with a bid for Emile Heskey. We're not stupid!'

Actually, Chelsea have let a fair few players go this year :

Zola, Ed de Goey, Rhys Evans, Albert Ferrer, Jody Morris, Wolleaston, Cousins, Ross, Cummings and Forssell (on loan).

And shit, if you've got great players...

GrRrrrR said:
Actually, Chelsea have let a fair few players go this year :

Zola, Ed de Goey, Rhys Evans, Albert Ferrer, Jody Morris, Wolleaston, Cousins, Ross, Cummings and Forssell (on loan).

And shit, if you've got great players...

still, a squad of 32 players (http://www.chelseafc.com/SquadList.asp) is sizeable. Most of those guys were fringe players...players like leon knight and mika forsell should be playing top divison football...they are proven strikers and wont be happy being 5th or 6th choice...and look at the quality of the defenders..there are some good players there but only 4 places at the back...i think they are right in trying to improve the midfield however..which i suppose is their main focus ...it's lacking quality at the moment. zenden, ambosetti and gronkjaer are average..stanic and petit are getting older and blow hot and cold...thinking about i now, duff could really flourish at chelsea and playing in the champions league would be great for the irish team...

P. Littbarski said:
i agree that he has done a good job...after all, Chelsea have improved every year and are in the champions league next year.

and also trhink last season, ranieri also had absolutely no money to buy players with and many pundits (aka hacks) thought they couldn't keep up the good form.

it'll be interesting to see whether the new signing can blend in or whether it'd be another Leeds with too much money wasted on under performing players

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back