Laser eye surgery (1 Viewer)

frona

Anyone here ever get it? What's the story with it? We were talking about it at a course I have to do the other night and there were about the same amount of good stories and horror stories. It seems that there are two proceedures, one where they cut the eye, and one where they don't and from what the people on the course were saying the former, non-cutty one is the more risky. :confused:

Don't link me to internet horror stories please. What I want is stories from you, your friends and family. Friend of friend stories also acceptable..|..| I'm sick of being blind and speccy!

Don't link me to internet horror stories please. What I want is stories from you, your friends and family. Friend of friend stories also acceptable..|..| I'm sick of being blind and speccy!

great thread. looking forward to reading replies. thinking about doing this myself.

laserburnear.jpg

done, let's lock this thread now pls

I know three people who have got this done and they're all very positive about it.

Two of the girls got the more complicated procedure where they actually cut a bit of the eye and although the recover took around 3 days of solid rest and having eye drops put in every hour, they still think it was worth it and are delighted with their perfect eye sight now.

The third girl got the simplier procedure and could see perfectly, like read and watch tv, by 9 pm that night!

Also worth noting that you can get a doctors cert for this so you don't have to take holiday days to recover. Just call in sick...

Secondly, you are not allowed to wear contact lenses for a month before the surgery because it slightly changes the shape of your cornea (sic) and may affect the effectiveness of the operation.

hope this helps. i don't actually wear glasses myself but am good friends with these girls and have been hearing about it constantly all summer!

im mad to get this done. Especially on days like today when im cycling in the rain with glasses on.

My cousin got it done a few years ago and said it was the best thing he's ever done.
its pretty expensive to get it done inIreland though about €2000. I was pricing it before and i think theres a place in Belfast that dose it a bit cheaper.

Yeah im sick of being a badger and forking out mad money for contacts.

But my Aunty got it done about 4 years ago and now she needs to wear her glasses again..........but shes in her late forties......and smells.

Lazer on your eye tho. Madness.

Great thread Frona. I hope someone who actually got it done can tell us speccy 4 eyes more about it. I hate wearing contacts as it feels like a grain of sand is on my eye when I do. Also, having worn glasses for years I feel like I look weird without them. Anyone else feel nakkid without their specs?

Great thread Frona. I hope someone who actually got it done can tell us speccy 4 eyes more about it. I hate wearing contacts as it feels like a grain of sand is on my eye when I do. Also, having worn glasses for years I feel like I look weird without them. Anyone else feel nakkid without their specs?
the only time i don't wear my specs is when i AM naked. so yes, to answer yr question.

my dad got it done in 2000.
had to wear glasses since he was 4, could never imagine him without glasses.
was give these sexy goggles to for a few days after the surgery. eyes were kinda sore for a couple of days naturally. i remember him saying his vision would get blurry at night for a few days after the procedure.about a week after the surgery his vision was 20:20 and has been ever since.
its pretty amazing actually.

my dad got it done in 2000.
had to wear glasses since he was 4, could never imagine him without glasses.
was give these sexy goggles to for a few days after the surgery. eyes were kinda sore for a couple of days naturally. i remember him saying his vision would get blurry at night for a few days after the procedure.about a week after the surgery his vision was 20:20 and has been ever since.
its pretty amazing actually.
these are the kind of heartwarming stories this thread needs! more!!!

Getting eye surgery was the first thing a friend of mine spent money when he finished college and got a proper job. It's wasn't cheap, but he's very very happy with it.

i hear all totally positive stories about it except for one friend of mine who got it done about 15-20 years ago when they were just starting this sort of thing. one of her eyes is almost blind now as a result. they have come on so much since then though that it's practically a dead cert that you'll end up with 20:20 vision. i would really love to get it done myself and probably will at some stage.

Anyone here ever get it? What's the story with it? We were talking about it at a course I have to do the other night and there were about the same amount of good stories and horror stories. It seems that there are two proceedures, one where they cut the eye, and one where they don't and from what the people on the course were saying the former, non-cutty one is the more risky. :confused:

Never seen you wear glasses b4 lol

Anyway specs are sexy....just look at meh :eek:

Me sister got it done 2 years ago in budapest where its well cheaper than here, cant remember the exact price tho. Even going all the way over there and making a 5 day holiday out of it its cheaper than here. I went with her to mind her coz ur pretty much blind for hours after it and very tired, she got it done one evening, about 7ish and went straight to bed after when she woke up the next day about 7ish could see perfectly and went back for the routine check up and that was it, she was grand. It was the one where they slice yer eye and she definitely recommends it.

Never seen you wear glasses b4 lol

Anyway specs are sexy....just look at meh :eek:
I don't wear em when I'm drinking cos they'll get lost - for definite! I wear them all the time at work and if I'm playing computer games etc. They are sexy (on other people) but they're just a pain in the ass for me. It's grand if you can wear them all the time and don't lose them (or don't lose them much, I've read Unfit for Consumption!) but they're just awkward for the likes of me.

This thread is great! I feel way more confident about it now. Think I'll start saving. What about the eye-cutting though? Are you awake for that? I suppose you are aren't you? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back