Do Bike Thieves Have Houdini Like Abilities? (1 Viewer)

Antrophe

I arrive home, and my bike is nicked with the lock hanging necklace like around the fence. Christ, it was locked through the frame, the back tyre and onto the fence. Did they just saw through the lot with a angle grinder to nick it for parts or have the fuckers developed Houdini like abilities to move matter through matter?

Antrophe said:
I arrive home, and my bike is nicked with the lock hanging necklace like around the fence. Christ, it was locked through the frame, the back tyre and onto the fence. Did they just saw through the lot with a angle grinder to nick it for parts or have the fuckers developed Houdini like abilities to move matter through matter?

That happened to me twice. Once outside a house in Ranelagh and again outside Vicar St.
Both times the lock was left in perfect condition locked to the railing minus my bike.
Saw a video clip on the net somewhere of a guy opening a shackle lock with a BIC biro. Maybe that's how they do it.

I once had the bike removed from its wheel in the middle of Trinity College in the middle of the day while I was at lectures. Did no one notice?

Then I tried an experiment with the remaining wheel. Take off the lock and come back in an hour....result: gone! Its such a fucking pisser.

10765.jpg

should have thought ahead.

I suppose most cyclists know to put their U-locks through the frame and front wheel.
Sometimes they'll loosen the front wheel with a wrench just to punish you for locking yer bike properly.
The first time this happened me, I was cycling off a kerb crossing a road at speed; my front wheel fell off and I fell in the middle of the road.
This has happened more that once. Cunts.

When ya see someone robbing bikes all ya have to do is walk towards them and pretend it's your bike - noone does this though.

Antrophe said:
good jesus. that's, what, the third bike you've had stolen? bad buzz.

somebody tried to steal mr dexta's bike from outside his house the other night, but they couldn't get through the lock. so they just kicked the wheels in instead. bastards.

I was locking my bike down between Pennys and the GPO off O'Connoll St and there was this dodgy looking guy sitting at the end of the railings.
I kept looking at him out of the corner of my eye and he eventually said:
"Ere bud, don't lock yer bike der. Da railin's busted. All I've got to do is pull the bar out and I can grab all deez bikes!!! Lock yr bike down at quirkeys."

Sure enough, when I looked at the railings, someone had smasked the end off one of the metal pillars so you could just pull the bar out.

I said thanks and locked my bike outside Quirkeys :)

Doesnt really matter what lock you use if they want your bike they will egt it.A good lock takes longer to break and is a better deterant obviously but Gary that posts here had his bike robbed with a 90 euro abus lock on it..go figure

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back