Cops and people of colour (2 Viewers)

They don't seem to get paranoid about thugs strutting around armed to the teeth at anti Muslim rallies and yet this clock shit happened. Ok, it was just one person, but then you have Trump's comments on getting rid of Muslims just the next day. It reminds me of Roth's The Plot Against America. I wish I could remember what that was about...

Well Ben Carson certainly isn't helping my case-http://www.thejournal.ie/ben-carson-muslims-us-president-2342173-Sep2015/
I would argue that he and Trump are just doing what all potential presidential candidates do- going far left/right to win over the party faithful before heading back to the centre on receiving the nomination in order to win over the moderates and swing voters.
Anyway, back to the point, the automatic assumption that any action taken against a minority is as a result of racism is surely just as absurd as assuming that a Muslim kid with some wires is a terrorist.
So far we only really have the kids side of the story and, due to privacy, its unlikely that we'll hear the schools version of events, on that basis should the media really be jumping up and down crying 'outrage'? I'm not so sure.

Well Ben Carson certainly isn't helping my case-http://www.thejournal.ie/ben-carson-muslims-us-president-2342173-Sep2015/
I would argue that he and Trump are just doing what all potential presidential candidates do- going far left/right to win over the party faithful before heading back to the centre on receiving the nomination in order to win over the moderates and swing voters.
Anyway, back to the point, the automatic assumption that any action taken against a minority is as a result of racism is surely just as absurd as assuming that a Muslim kid with some wires is a terrorist.
So far we only really have the kids side of the story and, due to privacy, its unlikely that we'll hear the schools version of events, on that basis should the media really be jumping up and down crying 'outrage'? I'm not so sure.

If you think about it, white people are actually the biggest victims of racism these days.

I made a fake bomb when I was a kid. I was going to leave it in school and phone in a bomb threat. It was made with green plasticine, some wires, an old digital watch. It looked the part. Also, it told the time. Where's my parade?

Jeremy Mardis: Driver's hands 'were up' when boy killed - BBC News

Was reading this and got to wondering are (some of) the cops in America just mad as opposed to actively racist/less than caring about black lives? The article below has more whites than blacks killed by police although per percentage of population blacks are more likely to be shot. As acknowledged the figures are imprecise (25% of killings give no reference to the ethnicity of the victim), and count all killings by police regardless of right or wrong. The most salient point seems to be that...

"Adjusted to take into account the racial breakdown of the U.S. population, he said black men are 3.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white men. But also adjusted to take into account the racial breakdown in violent crime, the data actually show that police are less likely to kill black suspects than white ones"

Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage: analysis

Heather Mac Donald is the Thomas W. Smith fellow at the Manhattan Institute and author of the forthcoming “The War on Cops.”

Hannitywaroncops.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back