Bargains someone should buy. (1 Viewer)

Might be a while(new year) until I can get it done,I need it for a few things coming up,and I'll need to scrape some money together.

I presume that's sarcasm? It seems most people replace pick ups these days,regardless of what the guitar is.
Nope. Japanese strats sound mental and brilliant as standard. I wouldn't change anything about them.

I'd go so far as to advise people to only buy one if the person selling it hasn't fannied about with it in the slightest.

Seriously.

I'm not doubting how they sound myself,just pretty much every person I know who plays guitar,no longer has stock pick ups in them.

(All my guitars have the pick ups they came with,one was changed by a previous owner)

I'm not doubting how they sound myself,just pretty much every person I know who plays guitar,no longer has stock pick ups in them.

(All my guitars have the pick ups they came with,one was changed by a previous owner)
It's such a strange habit, why buy a very specific guitar then make shite of what made it unique in the first place ? Just buy a shitty guitar and improve it no ?

"It's a japanese strat with new pick ups, a new bridge and new machine heads"

Oh rights so then it's not a japanese strat then ?

It's such a strange habit, why buy a very specific guitar then make shite of what made it unique in the first place ? Just buy a shitty guitar and improve it no ?

"It's a japanese strat with new pick ups, a new bridge and new machine heads"

Oh rights so then it's not a japanese strat then ?

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it to be honest,but it just seems like so many people buy a guitar then fit the same pick ups as everyone else,and end up sounding like everyone else.
I reckon it's worth getting to know what you have and understand it's limits first,then change it if need be.

The Strat in question does come with the original pick ups as well as the new ones. I'm switching out the pick ups on my sg as I've decided I prefer p90s over the humbuckers.

My les Paul copy has had a few different pick ups but the ones that came in it were shite. one of those plays and sounds decent unplugged but shite plugged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back