Solidarity with murdered Greek Anarchist! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ci
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 5

ci

A picket has been called for 5.30, Tuesday, December 9th at the Greek Embassy on Upper Pembrooke St. in Solidarity with murdered 15 year old Greek Anarchist Alexandros Grigoropoulos.

Alexandros was shot by cops in Exarchia, central Athens on Saturday. Greece has been hit with mass spontanous riots and protests ever since and theres a possible general strike around the corner.

Meet at the top of Grafton Street at 5pm - We've been hassled by cops before on this kind of protest so marching down en- mass seems to make more sense.

More to follow.

REMEMBER ALEXANDROS! ACAB!

He has been claimed.
Just like when the SWP claimed Reclaim The Streets.
First casualty of war, and all that.

edit: Who knows what his political alignment was, we probably won't find out much for another few days...

thats because that sap that got hit in the head near the car was a fully paid up member!;) but sure thats what the rich kid student types deserve for dressing up in their riot chic and blocking decent people from getting around the city maybe going to do an honest days work or maybe picking up the kids.:)

He has been claimed.
First casualty of war, and all that.

edit: Who knows what his political alignment was, we probably won't find out much for another few days...

Any reports from Greek Indymedia and from the Facebook page set up by his friends name him as an Anarchist, he hasn't been "claimed" by anybody.

Either way, it's a young 15 year old kid that's been shot dead by the cops, nothing at all like the SWP claiming RTS, so maybe, instead of being a cynical cock about it, come along and show some solidarity with the boys' family and friends.

Any reports from Greek Indymedia and from the Facebook page set up by his friends name him as an Anarchist, he hasn't been "claimed" by anybody.

Eh look, I'm behind the cause and think it's an outrage but there's nothing on that facebook group to say he was an Anarchist at all. I can't check the Greek indymedia as it's down at the moment.

Either way, it's a young 15 year old kid that's been shot dead by the cops, nothing at all like the SWP claiming RTS, so maybe, instead of being a cynical cock about it, come along and show some solidarity with the boys' family and friends.

your reply seems unnecessarily hostile.

I think he was more of an anti-authoritarian skater punk rather than an active anarchist but it doesn't matter.

His funeral is tomorrow. Please come to the demo at 5pm (meeting at the top of grafton st.) tomorrow afternoon to show your anger, solidarity and grief at his death.

---

from Anarchist Black Cat:

Yesterday, there were solidarity protests in Hamburg and Berlin.

Today, in London, Berlin, Paris, Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg, Dresden and Edinburgh.

Tommorrow (so far) in Dublin and Frankfurt.

Eh look, I'm behind the cause and think it's an outrage but there's nothing on that facebook group to say he was an Anarchist at all. I can't check the Greek indymedia as it's down at the moment.

Yeap...i agree. Not trying to be a prick but it just seems like the anarchist community are trying to "claim" him to further their own cause.

Whatevz though. The whole thing sucks anyway and it's good to see a whole lot of protesting going on.

Apologies for perhaps being hostile but in fairness, it's a murdered kid like.

One of the quotes on Greek Indymedia:

"Yesterday night at 21.30 in the center of Athens a young boy murdered by the cops in the center of Athens. The murder was the answer of the police after arguing with the small group of anarchists with a crew of patrol police car. The anarchist didnt have with them any petrol bombs nor carrying stones or other weapons nether."

As for Facebook, go back through the comments..

Anyway, back to Indymedia-

"The boy killed due to some eyewitness , the place is very crowded with a lot of busy bars around , especially the Saturday night. One of the policemen get off the car , shot in the heart and killed in cold blood the 15 years old young boy.

The pig (policeman) left the boy dead on the ground. On various greek radical websites a lot of different people who saw what happened try to share this information. The greek authorities didnt give any announce statement still.

the names of the policemen who killed the boy are Epaminodas Korkoneas 37 years old and vasilis Saraliotis 31 years old."

Anyways, come show your Solidarity at the Greek Embassy tomorrow night.

Propaganda is propaganda whether or not the perpetrator listens to Wagner, Skrewdriver
or Tragedy. I'm not going to show my sympathy for a murder victim by tagging along to an
opportunistic political march I don't support.

If it's not confirmed yet that he's an anarchist then how can an anarchist march "in solidarity" be anything but opportunistic? March because a kid got killed by all means, but anarchists tagging it as "in solidarity" makes no sense, well to me anyways.

Here hare here,

maybe those rioters should pick their pens back up, seein as thats the only way to change things, fuck it up from the inside..... maybe make a few punts too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back