Ipods (2 Viewers)

dleacht

I finally got an Ipod... didn't even have a decent mp3 player. Can't believe I've managed this long without buying one. 120gb of music to fill... I've very excited. Most of the people I know at this stage are on the second or third Ipod. Finally catching up with technology.... now to figure out how to use the thing :):):):):):cool::cool::cool:

120gigs is insane!! best of luck with it!
i went through two 40gig and two 60gig, both broke, and i got a refund..seriously frustrating. Best ever is the Sony Ericson mp3 phone yoke..unfortunately the earphones kept breaking, at 30e a pair I've had to stop using it.. now have one of these, nothing flashy does the job ...

You will never, ever listen to 120gb of music. Fact. Unless you can listen to FLAC's on an Ipod or something..

I bought the 160gb version last week. Also my first half decent mp3 player. PRobably never have more than 100gb of music, I'm told you can partition them and use one part as an external hard drive which is something I plan to look into.

Ive got a 30gig zen and honestly thats more than enough.I only ever have about 2-3 gigs on rotation at any one time.I do fill it up fresh if I'm going on me hollyers.Which is nice.
Would'nt say no to a 120gig ipod all the same.I would'nt be into using itunes but.Good luck anyhoo.

I got it from the States so it was only 200euro which I think is cheap compared to here. Still I'm looking at the instructions that long, its going to take me a day to turn the thing on. I'm not great with technology

I have a 512k mp3 player for the last three years. Probably the best value for money item I've ever bought.
I like it because I put 5 albums and a bunch of tracks on it and I'm forced to listen to them and gve stuff a chance that I might've just skippped over. So there.

You can buy 1 or 2 gig ones in Tesco for about a tenner or less now. I'd recommend going for the cheapest crappiest ones because they break soon enough anyway.

I got it from the States so it was only 200euro which I think is cheap compared to here. Still I'm looking at the instructions that long, its going to take me a day to turn the thing on. I'm not great with technology

They're €229 here.

Yeah I know. I bought one when they first came out for 120euro about 2003 I think and it could hold 37songs I remember. That lasted me ages

thing with the really cheap ones is that most of them don't have a display to show whats playing, which is a bummer. I'd recommend the yoke i bought, twas 45e, fingers crossed it won't go balls up!

I bought the 160gb version last week. Also my first half decent mp3 player. PRobably never have more than 100gb of music, I'm told you can partition them and use one part as an external hard drive which is something I plan to look into.

No partition required, just tick the box that says enable disk use in itunes.

Finally have one as the missus insisted I get with the noughties. Well I finally got some proper Bose speakers this weekend like I have been promissing myself for ages and the sounds ripped onto the ipod by a friend are fuckin' SHITE quality. I put on a 20 year old cassette to make sure my ears weren't deceiving me but fuck the thing sounds lame up against stooges LP taped on a basic hi fi in the eighties, could be the compression on what was ripped for me but it was awful. BTW those Bose acousticmass speakers are fuckin' genius, the seperation is incredible... now have to figure out how to make MP3s sound decent- or are they just shite and you get used to it and everyone is fooling themselves?

Finally have one as the missus insisted I get with the noughties. Well I finally got some proper Bose speakers this weekend like I have been promissing myself for ages and the sounds ripped onto the ipod by a friend are fuckin' SHITE quality. I put on a 20 year old cassette to make sure my ears weren't deceiving me but fuck the thing sounds lame up against stooges LP taped on a basic hi fi in the eighties, could be the compression on what was ripped for me but it was awful. BTW those Bose acousticmass speakers are fuckin' genius, the seperation is incredible... now have to figure out how to make MP3s sound decent- or are they just shite and you get used to it and everyone is fooling themselves?
rip CDs at least @ 256kbps and they wont sound too gak.

Still haven't bought one or any other MP3 player. I know I wouldn't use it enough. I still have me mini disc player (that really took off didn't it)

Yeah, I have most of my entire CD collection on my mp3 player

and it's at 96 kbp/s

and I listen to it all.

i'm such a rebel

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back