Best place to go on a Saturday night in Dublin?? (2 Viewers)

Maybe.

Fuck all yiz too cool for fibber's people. If I did an equation I've had more daycent nights out in Fibber's than all other places in Dublin put together. Sure there are the ugly po-faced goths, the middle-aged headbanger-langers, the lecherous knifewielders etc. but it's usually good auld crack. The drink is cheap, the beer garden is illegal and a plurality of people in there are sound.

Maybe.

Fuck all yiz too cool for fibber's people. If I did an equation I've had more daycent nights out in Fibber's than all other places in Dublin put together. Sure there are the ugly po-faced goths, the middle-aged headbanger-langers, the lecherous knifewielders etc. but it's usually good auld crack. The drink is cheap, the beer garden is illegal and a plurality of people in there are sound.

How is the beer garden illegal?

Maybe.

THere's no way I'm too cool for Fibber's.

I was there about two or three years ago with citysickness from this very forum

we got booted out at 2am, but the bouncers very kindly put our still full pints into plastic glasses so we could down and drink them by the spire like the pathetic pair of booze soaked bar rags we were back then

went in there after the Cork Kerry football game the other week for the first time - had heard all sorts of stuff about the place being full of goths and how it smelled.
the bar itself had nothing but old people (over 50) and the placed reeked. dried in beer on the floors, sticky tables, smelly couches and flies everywhere -and this was before it opened to the night time crowd.
the music policy consisted of D:REAM - no metal at all!
no sign of any goths - but i suppose it wasnt nightfall yet.

Maybe.

I used to have great times there now too, I must have gotten me hole (in the innocent kissing sense rather than ridin) there more times than I can care to remember,in fact probably with people who post here now truth be told. Couldn't imagine it would have the same buzz nowadays cos I'm old and settled and can't drink my own body weight in snakebite nowadays.....ah snakebite....yum

I was'nt admitted to Fibbers the last time I tried to get in.Snobs.

I am.Disgusted I was.And not as you might justifibly suspect, 3 sheets.

Grogans to get blind drunk and wake up on Sunday morning lamenting the art piece you purchased off the wall.

Where was it you drunkenly scrawled 'Cock is my home' that time Bandit? Whelans?

Bernard Shaw smoking area is sound for a few Saturday night scoops. The Oak was good when Whelans was closed for a while, now it's shit and the people are back to being even uglier than me.

If you're well on the lock, you could do worse than Pravda too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back