Electric Picnic 2008 (5 Viewers)

I sold my ticket and now, watching everyone go, I feel like a turd. I think I'll set up a tent in the back and drink myself to death while blaring my bloody valentine. See you in hell, the world.

Or if anyone wants to give me a free ticket, that'd be ok too :)

If anyone is going up tomorrow and can give us a lift PM me!!! I'm on the northside, I can meet ya in town or on the dart line, whatever!! The plan is to sneak in,might be able to get in touch with someone who has a solid way in. Its in the lap of the gods, so to speak.

Only really got to be there Saturday and a fraction of Sunday but it was very enjoyable. Didn't see too much. The Breeders were great, saw half of Wilco who were excellent. Lots of wandering about. Saw the end of George Clinton, that guitar solo part sounded amazing. We heard that from way back and made our way up to see the rest of the set.

Great buzz

highlights
- The weather
- Taking a shortcut down that was reasonably effective
- Silver Apples. Yeah.
- Twinkranes in the Bernard Shaw. Krautastic. Was too leaden footed to see much of Andy Votel's DJ set though.
- Large Mound rockin' the Little Big Tent
- Faust's chainsaw massacre.
- Super Extra Bonus Party.
- That Petrol Emotion making it seem like Feile 1990.
- That German hot dog place. Bratwurst mmmm.
- Ice cream.
- Actually finding someone handing out Saturday and Sunday copies of The Ticket
- Meeting loads of people I knew and good conversations with strangers.
- My Bloody Valentine. No earplugs necessary and having room to dance. Still glad I went to Manchester. Totally different experience at EP.

lowlights
- Getting lost in the Body and Soul arena on Friday night having spilled drink all over me during Rollers / Sparkers. Kept going round in circles.
- Little Big Tent not being marked on map. Several people I know missed bands because of this.
- Inconsistent seizing of alcohol by security
- Toilets in Charlie Chaplin. Portaloos on Saturday evening too little too late.
- Realising I have outgrown my tent.
- The hellish walk from the car park to the campsite. Never gets easy.
- Frustrating 'walk the long way around' incidents when the place you want is just over the fence.
- Sound quality during the Sex Pistols.
- Hearing someone lament the dropping of their phone in the latrines, Charlie Chaplin.

I encountered Mr Pharmacist in the woods on Friday. On the phone.

Grace Jones started well but I left for the Silver Apples. Hope someone gave her the spliff she craved.

Left at around 11.30pm last night. Did the Pistols do Frigging In The Rigging?

Orb any good? Would have liked to stay but a good feeling to be back home and in bed by 12.15am.

I HAD A GREAT TIME, BUT:

Thought the nanny/police state was completely over the top. GArds Gards everywhere. Random searches of vans, tents, people. I would feel more at ease smoking a joint in front of Finglas Gard station on a saturday afternoon than I did doing the same at a "alternative" music and arts festival.

Also the searching people for cans coming into the place and then closing the bar at 10 was a disaster. As a drinker, wanting to see music, I shouldn't have to smuggle cans in in me jocks, nor should I have to make the hour journey back to my campsite to pick up a couple more, miss the bands I came to see and then hope they don't get my cans off me going into a "alternative" music festival that has stopped serving.

While I'm at it, thank god I can pee standing up. I spent half the weekend waiting in queues for the missus to have a piddle. They know how many people will be at the festival, why weren't there anywhere near enough toilets?

RANT RANT RANT.

I Had a great time though.

Great buzz

highlights
- The weather
- Taking a shortcut down that was reasonably effective
- Silver Apples. Yeah.
- Twinkranes in the Bernard Shaw. Krautastic. Was too leaden footed to see much of Andy Votel's DJ set though.
- Large Mound rockin' the Little Big Tent
- Faust's chainsaw massacre.
- Super Extra Bonus Party.
- That Petrol Emotion making it seem like Feile 1990.
- That German hot dog place. Bratwurst mmmm.
- Ice cream.
- Actually finding someone handing out Saturday and Sunday copies of The Ticket
- Meeting loads of people I knew and good conversations with strangers.
- My Bloody Valentine. No earplugs necessary and having room to dance. Still glad I went to Manchester. Totally different experience at EP.

If only Large Mound and Twinkranes were playing in London, I could replicate all of your musical highlights over here. Different set for MBV or just different vibe?

How does one dance to MBV?

Apart from a bit of indie flapping to Soon, I cant see much in the way of danceability...

If only Large Mound and Twinkranes were playing in London, I could replicate all of your musical highlights over here. Different set for MBV or just different vibe?

pretty much the same set less a couple of songs [Thorn being one]. Was surprised at the gaps in the crowd though, some people didn't seem into it.

Ian - Soon saw a few of us do serious body movin'. As soon as it commenced we shouted INDIE DANCE knowingly.

Less dancing, more head movements for the likes of Feed Me With Your Kiss and the other Isn't Anything-era numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland