Zwan (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

a few months back when the Zwan album was released I remember a tirade of abuse hurled at it from this here board...

got it in a bargan bin in cork yesterday for 3 bats and apart from 2 donkeys on the record, it aint bad at all... in fact, I like it!

you people... I'll never listen to yiz again! and people call me the music snob... sheesh

the best thing in pitchfork ever was when they referred to zwan fans as "zwiggaloos"

i've never heard this band

andrew

Ian said:
a few months back when the Zwan album was released I remember a tirade of abuse hurled at it from this here board...

got it in a bargan bin in cork yesterday for 3 bats and apart from 2 donkeys on the record, it aint bad at all... in fact, I like it!

you people... I'll never listen to yiz again! and people call me the music snob... sheesh
I dont think it's a bad album at all, at all...but then again, I am a big fan of Billy Corgans guitar playing.

Ian said:

an' here, tears-in-his-eyes, how can it be a "bargin" when its a piece of shit that you have to pay for from a fucking BIN!?

the bearded lady said:
and i'm only quoting one of his fathers there....
:) ...thats funny man

seriously though, i dont think he's a bad guitarist...i like that slidey soun...theres some great guitar on Gish and siamese dream (eg. Hummer)...

is it a bad time to mention that I like Stewart Copeland's drumming ?

P. Littbarski said:
:) ...thats funny man

seriously though, i dont think he's a bad guitarist...i like that slidey soun...theres some great guitar on Gish and siamese dream (eg. Hummer)...

is it a bad time to mention that I like Stewart Copeland's drumming ?[/QUOTE]

redemption accepted. stewart and his legs that just won't quit! ahh..

no..YOURE a shit album.

'ride a black swan' is a fucking cool song..and the album is pretty class..which is odd cos the last pumpkins album was a load of pants. as much as corgan is a butthole ego maniac..i love that lanky fools guitar playin.
siamese dream/gish top class guitaring right there. :p

Rimbaud said:
Def Leppard is on the radio now - have`nt heard them in a long time.
Def Leppard are cool now. You'll all see the light ...

I think the last pumkins album 'Machina' is very good. Some top rockin tunes on there. I did get the Zwan album a few months back i remember playing it once or twice but haven't gone back to it since. I think that says it all really. I'll give it another go next week.

Saw Def Leppard last August. TOP gig. One for the old school.

Ian said:

It's a good album; I always maintained that
€3 is a bargain

I'm listening to it right now... lovin the papa m interlude on the tital track...

gish and mellon collie is where it's at for me with the pumpkins... thought the last pumpkins album was pants... maybe I'll listen to it again next week hur hur

ye..theres maybe 3 songs I really like - stand inside your love, everlasting gaze (bar that offensive corgan rant), and glass & the ghost children...try try try is alright too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back