Bristol? (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

Looking into heading away for a few nights at the beginning of next month. Am floating around a few options but convenience is a priority. (Flying from Cork rather than having to go through that hell hole Dublin Airport is a big factor).

So am considering Bristol. Any recommendations/ dos or don'ts welcome. Generally just looking in to having 4 days of strolling about, casual coffee/beer drinking, Record/Book shopping, visit to a couple of decent galleries. Can it provide that?

Looking into heading away for a few nights at the beginning of next month. Am floating around a few options but convenience is a priority. (Flying from Cork rather than having to go through that hell hole Dublin Airport is a big factor).

So am considering Bristol. Any recommendations/ dos or don'ts welcome. Generally just looking in to having 4 days of strolling about, casual coffee/beer drinking, Record/Book shopping, visit to a couple of decent galleries. Can it provide that?

There's a big bridge that Brunell designed that's kinda cool. And a museum of the empire by the rain station but ... it's a museum of the empire.

It's a 20 minute train trip to Bath which is a really nice place.

I'm going there tomorrow.

Can you go in the baths?

Not in the water like the Romans did but you can visit them, very interesting.

Was there last September I think it was

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was there in 2010 or 2011.

What I didn't get to see was the SS great Britain, another Brunel madness.
I went during term time and it's very much a university town, so that was fun. But it's not term time now.

In bath you can drink a glass of the water. I didn't like it.

Also I stayed at a B&B with a vegan only breakfast menu. That was extraordinary back then, but it's that kinda town.

I was at St.Pauls Carnival on Saturday. Was absolutely amazing. Bristol is class.

A more specific drinking recommendation if you like being around cats - the Bag of Nails. I haven't been in years but it's still going and still full of cats. A lovely spot to have a few quiet afternoon pints in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back