Zips & Archives? (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
Sorry about all the nerding I'm bring to Eirecore today. I'm fairly parochial about my messageboarding and refuse to enter those "other" Thumped boards. I'll spill some cider on the computer later...

Anyway, here's the thing. I'm trying to post stuff on a blog; when I make an archive on the Mac, it won't work properly when downloaded to a PC. And when I make an .ace file of it on the PC, it won't work on the Mac.

So, what's the best program that works universally?

Also, I'm using Mediafire to host stuff...any reason not to? Anywhere better?

errrrrrrrrrr, i dunno really, i'm a bit of a net-tard, but why not use zip or winrar?
and for upload, divshare.com is pretty good. no silly download limits.

Is that not only for expanding/unzipping though?

What I need is a program that will put a folder full of stuff into a single zip or archive that can be accessed through any operating system, be it on mac or PC.

Is that not only for expanding/unzipping though?

What I need is a program that will put a folder full of stuff into a single zip or archive that can be accessed through any operating system, be it on mac or PC.
reada za wiki-linka ya big lug! it's for compressing and unzipping.

Heheh, that's what I'm waiting for...either him or Gambra...they must be off making an arcade cabinet or something :rolleyes:

WHICH, don't get me wrong, is a completely valid pursuit. Speaking of which, I've just been DOMINATING academically today, so as a reward I'm off to drink a bottle of wine and dominate The Locust in some Gears of Warage, followed by a spot of carnage in Liberty City. Yipppeee!!!!

reada za wiki-linka ya big lug! it's for compressing and unzipping.

That's only with the full product, not for the freeware. The freeware only expands/decompresses. So, should I torrent StuffIt Deluxe or is there some better right-on freeware out there? DREEEEGIN!!!!

Corm...when ya start unpacking/unzipping it what happens that makes it not work? Sometimes when I download stuff and unpack it all nothing happens. But when i double click on the individual files in Winrar it unzips into my Temporary internet files folder and I can get the whole thing in there and then move it. It's weird....it rarely happens though.

Ya just reminded me...must get my xbox live up and running again and hunt down a copy of GTA. Haven't played xbox in months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back