What was the first gig you ever went to?? (1 Viewer)

Mick jones was no ordinary member though
Sang on about one third and was one half of the songwriting team
Joe has said this himself
Witness cut the crap...it was CRAP!

Agree with conor,the new boys were just kids.joe has said it was basically an ego thing with him.he did team up with Mick on BADS 2nd album

Thinking about first gigs and whatnot, one of my first gigs in Northern Ireland was (if I remember correctly) one of the last Mellow Dramatic gigs in the old dogy as fuck-all ages venue in Ballyntoy...that is old school as fuck!

first gig i went to was going to see unintended in the purty kitchen when i was 14 i think

first gig was Mama's boys at the SFX in 1984
First hardcore gig was i think Paranoid visions / Chromatic death / 3 ring psychosis and others in the CIE hall around 1987..
Some one threw a glass bottle on stage during Chromatic Deaths 's set and hit Mano on the head and he dropped like a stone..Deko fronted up on to the stage and told the fools to quit acting the maggot..it turned out to be a group of skins who were looking for trouble and were sorted out after the gig by the punks..

the good ould days..

I was in Comet for the ramones thing but couldn't go up and ask for a signature. Me and my mate Alan just rummaged through the albums looking up at Joey and Dee Dee (must have seen you there too)
Subhumans, Golden Horde, Paranoid Visions, Vicarious Living and Cactus World News in the Youth Expression Centre. What a night !!!!! (or was it two nights?)

i think it was actually the roisin sheerin dancing lizardmen or mr doom and mrs gloom instead of cactus world news as there is no way in hell I would have booked them for that gig!!!

sharpnel played too as they did all 4 of the YEC gigs

dick still rates those 4 gigs as some of the best that subhumans ever did, I have bootlegs of them all and every song the band had (up to worlds apart) is represented on the 4 tapes including the guitar string blues which dick used to adlib to a 12 bar backing while bruce changed his guitar string!

my first gig was seeing poison girls at the lourdes hall sean mcdermot street on their total exposure tour, 1979 or 1980...my sister drove me there and knitted me a red and black stripey jumper in her car a mile or so up the road while I went in on my own! amazing and life changing experience to have met the band at such an impressionable age

second gig was napalm suday and big self in the ivy rooms

third gig was rolling stones in slane (free ticket)...I quickly realised that it was the DIY independent type of gigology that suited my tastes better!

First Gig- Stevie Wonder. He played for three hours on a revolving stage. Danced around so much it was years later before I realised he was blind. I thought he was just cool.

Second gig- The Monkees. They played after a minor league baseball game on their brief comeback tour when MTV started showing the series again in the 80's

First local rock gig- Sweaty Nipples- The name says it all really. Funk Metal back when Funk Metal was all the rage.

First Punk Gig- Fugazi. Repeater tour. Stunning, just stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back