What the ?? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 217
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 5
spuded said:
I'm in work right now with a girl who is from the former east germany and she found it extremely distasteful. a swastika isn't a fuckin fashion statement its bollox:mad:

Isn't the whole point the fact that a swastika is a fashion statement?

Getting wound up by people wearing a symbol which they obviously don't believe in seems to me to be missing the point somewhat. So what is your co-worker's opinion on people wearing the paraphenalia of communism?

in all fairness if a band are playing on stage and you wlak in and one is wearing a swastika, how the fuck is a casual bystander who doesn't have a clue about how 'oh so ironic' the punks are trying to be, know that the band 'obviously doesn't believe in' fascism, thats taking alot of assumptiosn into account do you not think.

i just think that wearing a swastika at a gig in the lower deck which is about two streets over from the jewish heritage museum and is the original dublin jewish area (the jewish museum curator is a former inmate of dachau), wearing a swastika cause ur trying to get a reaction is fuckin stupid.

Because we live in a country where luckily fascism never gained too much momentum (despite de valera being a prick) maybe we can't see how wholly offensive that sign is.

mac warzonescum said:
Isn't the whole point the fact that a swastika is a fashion statement?

I don't understand, what's punk got to do with fashion? !ironyyy :D :) ;) :p !cheezy !baggyyyy !ninjaaaa :cool:

ed
- it was halloween
- a band from belfast with crappy taste in jokes are hardly gonna know about the history of the 'bello

andrew

ITalkShite said:
Hey Spuded, are you the one in Easpa Measa that does all the self-righteous preaching-to-the-converted song intros?

Just wondering.

Phil, can you put the Stay Out Of Punx sign in bold?

ITalkShite said:
Hey Spuded, are you the one in Easpa Measa that does all the self-righteous preaching-to-the-converted song intros?

Just wondering.

no that's eric but if you wanna call me self-righteous thats ur own business, i wouldn't comsider having a double sided argument as being self-righteous, i was just pointing out the facts that wearing a swastika in a jewish community is bollox, and if people on this site can't see that well fuck 'em

ITalkShite said:
Sorry to intrude, like. I come in here to learn about Nazism being bad. Where else would I get such knowledge, like.

A book? Horoscopes in The Sun? Toilet wall? Cornflake box? I don't know, just wondering.

andrew i wouldn't call making a valid point would be considered dramatic, and myabe you should learn a bit about the history of ur neighbourhood or maybe walk down to the jewish museum sometime

spuded said:
myabe you should learn a bit about the history of ur neighbourhood or maybe walk down to the jewish museum sometime

I'd love to, but seeing as it's been suggested on this forum I can't, wouldn't want to fall in with the auld sheep mentality, after all.

are nazis good or bad? I keep forgetting..but I just aim for the face and pull the trigger.

sim-mohfrontline-0006.jpg

spuded said:
in all fairness if a band are playing on stage and you wlak in and one is wearing a swastika, how the fuck is a casual bystander who doesn't have a clue about how 'oh so ironic' the punks are trying to be, know that the band 'obviously doesn't believe in' fascism, thats taking alot of assumptiosn into account do you not think.

The fact that said band are playing a type of music which would have them on the 'first against the wall' list under fascism?

The fact that the rest of the band/other bands on the same bill appear by this logic to be supporting the removal of all skin, muscles and other organs from the skeleton?

The fact that it was on Halloween?

spuded said:
i just think that wearing a swastika at a gig in the lower deck which is about two streets over from the jewish heritage museum and is the original dublin jewish area (the jewish museum curator is a former inmate of dachau), wearing a swastika cause ur trying to get a reaction is fuckin stupid.

What reaction do you think they were trying to get?

spuded said:
Because we live in a country where luckily fascism never gained too much momentum (despite de valera being a prick) maybe we can't see how wholly offensive that sign is.

Personally I'm from the North, and my level of offence is generally proportional to the perceived intentions behind wearing it.

yeah but thats your way of seeing things, you look for intentions behind things, but some people would just be immediately shocked and leave. There are people outside this little subgenre we've created that don't 'get' the mentality' behind wearing a swastika for a joke.

half the country was in amrs when iron maiden swung a union jack on stage in the point last year, but swastika's are fine?

look yeah are all allowed to have ur opinions im just stating mine.

So it's ok to dress up as nazis at halloween? As long as ya dont mean to be offensive. It's all in good taste really if your just havin a bit of fun? And if someone finds it offensive then they shouldnt be so pc, loik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back