What the ?? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 217
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 5
Phil said:
I just found the whole "it implies that all songs only have one possible interpretation" thing really weird.

i dunno,
one of the best things about being in a band for me is hearing about what different people take from the music. we've heard some pretty diverse takes on it and that's great, it's like your music takes on a whole new meaning for people that's completely unrelated to what you started with.

i think goin out and telling everyone exactly what it means can limit that freedom of interpretation.

CITY BABY said:
im pretty sure we did beat the germans in a friendly 6 or 7 years ago gary kelly scored ,could be completely wrong

It was 1-all, Gary Kelly's debut, he scored right at the end of ther match from the edge of the box on the right hand side of the goal. It was great. EIRE 1, NAZIS 0!! (1, acutaully).

P.S. - nazis raus

But seriously, folks. I think with this kind of thing you can over-react, and to do so gives an image or word or whatever more power than it deserves. Now, personally I like to beat the shite out of nazis, and would react differently to the wearing of a swastika on any occasion except a dress-up party like this. But it was a halloween party.

Okay, so it symbolises oppression, hate and ignorance, and is a painful reminder for a lot of people. But then should we be unable to dress up as priests or cops or soldiers for fancy dress? What about when I dress up as a girl in fancy dress, am I offending transexuals by using something important to them just for a laugh? And what about dressing in black with pictures of skulls on me all the time, is that too close to the SS uniform for comfort? What about if I say the word bitch, does that mean that I hate women?

Adhere too much to rigid definitions and you tie the noose on your own hanging-rope.

Ok, Italkshite - fucking moron.
Damo - right on!
I think the person I agree most with here is Cormcolash, just too lazy to write a long post, thanks for doing it for me! Don't think I'd wear a nazi uniform on stage, in fact I'd rather not wear anything at all, but thats just becauase I like being naked.

ITalkShite said:
Sorry to intrude, like. I come in here to learn about Nazism being bad. Where else would I get such knowledge, like.

how about up your own hole where all your other info comes from. hurley-suicide shite-talkers out of punx

It's true, I've got photos. The arab guy in the shop wouldn't serve me and called me a faggot in Danish. Great thing, racial integration -be one of us by insulting the same kind of people we hate!

Did he not take you into the back room of the shop, and start telling you how you and he, you're the SAME man, you're the SAMMME! GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back