What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

The Guest (2014)

guest.jpg

The posh english sap from Downton Abbey plays a returning Vet in this thriller from the guy who made You're Next. It's enjoyable enough though cheesey,totally over done, queue chilling music as the anti-hero stares menacingly and the 'reveal' is half explained and half baked. I think I needed another 2 cans of cider to totally enjoy this one.

i suppressed the urge to make more vet puns and went and looked up why veterinarian and veteran have the same root instead:

veterinary: from Latin veterīnae - draught animals or 'beasts of burden'; related to vetus (meaning mature, hence able to bear a burden)

veter-, vetus (old) then being the root of veteran

this has been another episode of Learn With Thumped

fid12429.jpg

just watched this. it was so trite, annoying and moronic that i could only get through it by simultaneously playing computer games.

The Guest (2014)

guest.jpg

The posh english sap from Downton Abbey plays a returning Vet in this thriller from the guy who made You're Next. It's enjoyable enough though cheesey,totally over done, queue chilling music as the anti-hero stares menacingly and the 'reveal' is half explained and half baked. I think I needed another 2 cans of cider to totally enjoy this one.

Saw it last night, enjoyed it, Yer man is like a yellow pack Ryan Gosling

Saw it last night, enjoyed it, Yer man is like a yellow pack Ryan Gosling
I watched 20 minutes of Ides Of March the other night in which Ryan Gosling was awful. The whole thing was shite. Maybe it got better, but I doubt it.

Banshee Chapter: If you like well structured, taut and scary tension, watch something else. If you like cobbled together cod-conspiracy, poor acting, woeful exposition, dire dialogue and Buffalo Bill pretending to be Hunter S. Thompson then this is the movie for you! You're also an idiot, so get that checked out.

I watched 20 minutes of Ides Of March the other night in which Ryan Gosling was awful. The whole thing was shite. Maybe it got better, but I doubt it.
the second half of this film is actually pretty good. much better than the first half. gosling's character loses his smugness and it turns into a sort of homage to 70s conspiracy thrillers.

the second half of this film is actually pretty good. much better than the first half. gosling's character loses his smugness and it turns into a sort of homage to 70s conspiracy thrillers.
Shame that I couldn't bear the first half, but it was ...well, unbearable. But hey, if I want 70s conspiracy thrillers....there's always 70s conspiracy thrillers. Robert Redford, trying to look like an ordinary human.

Right, that's the near future. Conspiracy, 70s style. when they were actually paranoid.

My two favorite conspiracy thrillers from that decade were The Paralax View with Warren Beatty and All The Presidents Men. Excellent entertainment.
3 Days of the Condor was pretty good too. Must also dig out The Conversation, which i didn't dig first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back