What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Last night: Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Really good. A nice movie, in the nicest sense of the word.

Recently:
Her - Enjoyed it more as a science fiction movie about the idea of the singularity than as a weird love story. This guy says it better Why 'Her' Is the Best Movie Ever Made About the Singularity

Dallas Buyers Club - This was great. Really, really great. Jared Leto is amazing in it.

Over the weekend I watched a bunch

The Dirties - Found footage teen drama about a couple of high schoolers who are making a movie about bullies in their school. Needless to say things turn nasty. Alright if you like found footage movies.

Inside Llewyn Davis - I liked it. Not their worst, definitely not their best. Lacking in plot and the music did nothing for me. Full of brilliant acting though. Fair play in Justin Timberlake. He's great in this.

A Serious Man - Up there with their best. The script is so spot on. I get something new out of this every time i watch it

Really?

Man, I thought the actor playing Gopnik dominated A Serious Man.

I also think Isaac is the balls.
Oh yeah he's great but my favourite bits in the film involve Sy Abelman, Clive the Chinese student and the first Rabbi ("look at the parking lot, Larry"). They're all such memorable, well written and well played roles.

When i think of my favourites Coens characters its usually the likes of Mike Yanagita (Fargo), Pappy O'Daniel (O Brother), Brandt (The Big Lebowski), Ben Geisler (Barton Fink), Maude Lebowski and The Swede (Miller's Crossing) rather than The Dude and Marge Gundersson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back