What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

Sheer brilliance.
Three great leads.

What do you think of {spoiler}

that was the only bit i'd seen all those years ago.....

3 great leads indeed....i get the feeling that schrader let pryor improvise or riff on dialogue whenever he wanted - some very funny shit - just before and when the taxman comes to visit - he's on fire!

Caroline Brown: If you hate it so much, why dontcha just turn it off?
Zeke Brown: Turn it off? Are you kiddin' baby? Took me three years to pay for that muthafucka. We gon' watch everything they show on it. All the shit they show. Even the snow when the muthafucka go off, I'm gonna sit here and watch that. :)

blue%20collar.jpg

right....I'm on a schrader roll now....
so, nlgbbblth - would you recommend?
hrdc.jpeg

seems like it'd be sleazy but satisfying?

right....I'm on a schrader roll now....
so, nlgbbblth - would you recommend?
hrdc.jpeg

seems like it'd be sleazy but satisfying?

I've only seen it once.
it's pretty good; gritty stuff.
George C Scott going around spouting religious talk to hookers. Interesting to see him as a man of powerful religious conviction who sticks his neck out for his daughter. Fundamentalists slammed this movie which kinda misses the point.

way better than 8MM.

well casted - Peter 'WIZARD' Boyle, Season Hubley, Ed Begley Jr makes an appearance too.

must try and get it again.

just watched The Fifth Element - I'd never seen it before. Pretty deadly movie, full of 1080p bluray goodness.

Seraphim Falls.
Better than I was expecting it to be but fizzles out into a laughably poor finale/showdown worthy of a Frank Darabont movie.
Still, it looks good and Pierce Brosnan does a pretty good Clint Eastwood impersonation. Gripping for the first hour.

Seraphim Falls.
Better than I was expecting it to be but fizzles out into a laughably poor finale/showdown worthy of a Frank Darabont movie.
Still, it looks good and Pierce Brosnan does a pretty good Clint Eastwood impersonation. Gripping for the first hour.

Theres on bit on the salt flats where on is pointing an unloaded gun at the other which is good.

The magic realism bullshit with Angelica Houston is terrible.

Started well though. final 1/3 is terrible.

And I remembering while watching it that it would be better is they left the reasons one was chasing the other unclear.

Rescue Dawn. Great cast, but found it a bit slow.

Superbad is great, the laughs slow up a bit in the middle, but there's some laugh out loud stuff in there.
-"You dont want to go to college and suck dick at fuckin' pussy."

Heehehee.

Charliewilsonwarposter.jpg

Certainly better than I thought it would be... I didn't like the end though..

Saw this tonight. Very very good.
Dialogue isn't quite as snappy as the West Wing, but is very witty and works extremely well.
Hoffman is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back