What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

Watched Standing In The Shadows Of Motown (a bit too pro for my liking) followed by Sideways (really really liked it) topped with The Corporation (great but i fell asleep towards the end. Looking forward to finishing it this evening).

Tonight's fright night - i've Ju-On and Das Experiment waiting for me when i get home.

watched 'satan's dog' (a.k.a. 'play dead') last night... not great. the dog (a rottweiler named greta) was way too well fed and happy to be mean. she had a stumpy tail, which you could see wagging when she was sposed to be mean. also, if satan had a dog it wouldn't be called greta. not as good as 'zoltan: hound of dracula'

watched before sunset last night.

i liked it.

the start was shit though. when julie started talking about the environment and the state of the world i thought i was going shit myself with rage. this caused me a lot of difficulty because i have been in love with julie delpy for about 8 years now.

still though, overall it was good.

over the last couple of days i watched

peep show series 1 - not a film but so so funny
dark star - not as great as i was led to believe
all about lilly chou chou - kinda alright, really nice looking
harold & kumar get the munchies - im an idiot
the assassination of richard nixon - gooder then the rest but nothing 'mazing.

Dutchy said:
i bought that without knowing anything about it because the blurb made it look amazing. its alright, but waaaay too long and a bit confusing.

Dutchy said:

I too watched both of these in recent days. I love Peep Show, can't wait for series 2 on DVD.

I watched the Assasination of Richard Nixon last night, not knowing a single thing about it, which is my prefered way of watching movies. Yeeks, I thought it was brilliant. I was left feeling stunned and a little disturbed afterwards. I'd recommend it to anyone, but I personally wouldn't watch it again for a very long time!

Peep Show is so funny. "What was the bad thing?" !!

Season 2 out on DVD in November

Dutchy said:

dark star - not as great as i was led to believe
harold & kumar get the munchies - im an idiot

Watched The Life Aquatic last night, although I fell asleep for about half an hour in the middle. Loved the set and the animation.

The bonus features were good - there was an interesting interview with one of the dudes from Devo who did the soundtrack.

i have become a complete cripple and as such havent been able to leave my house for the last few days so am resigned to watchin dvds..
so i watched:
waiting for guffman
arrested development (season 1)
adam & joe
so far..this list will no doubt be added to..

the 1960's batman film, (watched with adam west and burt ward's commentary on) amazing, one of the best,funniest films ever!!!!

bit of a denzel washington night here - watched The Manchurian Candidate (not bad) and Man on Fire (pretty good). This afternoon, it was the final half dozen episodes of CSI Miami series 3.

Tomorrow it'll be either be series 6 of Law & Order SVU, or CSI: New York.

"Red Dawn"- the 1984 movie about World War III starting when Russia invades America. A group of high school students including Charlie Sheen and Patrick Swayze form a guerrilla group to fight the commies. This movie was an absolute bargain at €1 in the Laser video sale. It has cheesy value at the beginning, but it really is one of the worst movies ever made.

I was so bored i watched a few minutes of city of joy. My new favourite silverscreen moment is patrick swayze in India snubbing indian food and demanding a good old hamburger. USA USA USA "goddammit haven't you ever heard of a hamburger, beef burger in a patty, mayo lettuce swayze

Zeelander said:
"Red Dawn"- the 1984 movie about World War III starting when Russia invades America. A group of high school students including Charlie Sheen and Patrick Swayze form a guerrilla group to fight the commies. This movie was an absolute bargain at €1 in the Laser video sale. It has cheesy value at the beginning, but it really is one of the worst movies ever made.

Charlie Sheen AND the Swayze?! sounds like the best movie ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back