Virus (1 Viewer)

Knacker

Website
www.ballroomofromance.com
Came from out IT heads... just realised I was sent this very mail a couple of days ago:

Urgent VIRUS ALERT

We have been made aware of a serious computer virus called "Palyh-A" which
is being currently circulated.

Description
W32/Palyh-A is a worm which spreads by email and also attempts to copy
itself to network shares.
The worm appears to arrive as a .PIF attachment from [email protected]

This virus is particularly virulent and should you receive any mail with
attachments where you are unsure of the source, please ensure you do the
following :

Do NOT OPEN any attachment
Do NOT FORWARD or CIRCULATE such mails to ANYBODY ELSE

Got hit twice already today (feeling REALLY popular). The second time, I felt a strange urge to open the attachment and see what it does...then I copped myself on and deleted. Stupid self-destructive instincts.

I've read that it sends out emails to any address it can find on your computer, but does anyone know whether it does anything nasty to it?

Originally posted by Knacker
Came from out IT heads... just realised I was sent this very mail a couple of days ago:

Your IT heads should be sacked.

That virus has been doing the rounds since sunday night - all the anti virus companies had updates available by yesterday morning.

Re: Re: Virus

Originally posted by pete
Your IT heads should be sacked.

That virus has been doing the rounds since sunday night - all the anti virus companies had updates available by yesterday morning.

Our IT heads sent that e-mail last week. We bide our time before releasing anything to the public.

You should see what they're going to charge people for using ATM cards!!

This virus is particularly virulent

em...

somebody needs to buy a dictionary. :)

"this pink is particularly pinkish"
"this stone is significantly stony"
"this wood is very wooden"

etc...

Originally posted by lmd64
this thread is particularly threadlike...

and what's the deal with the ATM cards? don't they already charge you like 25c per transaction on your account, or something outrageous like that?

depends on the bank
depends on your type of account

In the bank where I work it's free if your card is on a savings account or on a current account which is in credit at all times. No minimum balance required.

personally I don't think the fees are outrageous. Banks have to charge for the service they provide. You wouldn't go into a shop and ask them to sell you a bar of chocolate at cost price, would you? If the company you work for didn't charge for their services, they would not be able to pay your salary - [if you are a student/self-employed I apologise for making assumptions]

I met with an architect for 30 minutes last year. He drove 5 miles from his office to the particular site. He charged us €200 plus VAT of €42. I found that quite steep.

your name reminds me of logging onto the imdb website [internet movie database] on a Commodore64.
I'd imagine that's not possible.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
depends on the bank
depends on your type of account

In the bank where I work it's free if your card is on a savings account or on a current account which is in credit at all times. No minimum balance required.

personally I don't think the fees are outrageous. Banks have to charge for the service they provide. You wouldn't go into a shop and ask them to sell you a bar of chocolate at cost price, would you? If the company you work for didn't charge for their services, they would not be able to pay your salary - [if you are a student/self-employed I apologise for making assumptions]

I met with an architect for 30 minutes last year. He drove 5 miles from his office to the particular site. He charged us €200 plus VAT of €42. I found that quite steep.

your name reminds me of logging onto the imdb website [internet movie database] on a Commodore64.
I'd imagine that's not possible.

i find the fees build up really quickly, so i'm paying about 25-30 yoyos every 2 months. which is a lot. and i gathered that the fee is on every single transaction on your account. so if you take out an e5 here and another e5 there several times a day, you can get charged to the hilt. and balance transfers? direct debits i can understand. and they already charge you loads for a laser card/credit card, not to mention the increased tax/stamp duty on them.
i could be wrong. it's just every time i get a statement from BOI, i'm like 32 fupping euro over 2 months? what the fupp?

on the architect thing, yup that's pretty steep. but chances are, he's got a hell of a lot less clients than BOI does, so he needs a greater profit margin per transaction. oooh, i sound just like an economist, or something.

and i used to have a C64, that's where the 64 comes from. I had a Vic20 before that, classic. Not anymore, though, me mam gave them to me cousins up in Cavan. I'd say they've probably trashed them now. Goddamn, it's just not right. Used to love playing Barbarian, Creatures, Bubble Bobble and Head Over Heels.

the lmd bit comes from me name. as in L.M.D.

i find the fees build up really quickly, so i'm paying about 25-30 yoyos every 2 months. which is a lot. and i gathered that the fee is on every single transaction on your account. so if you take out an e5 here and another e5 there several times a day, you can get charged to the hilt. and balance transfers? direct debits i can understand. and they already charge you loads for a laser card/credit card, not to mention the increased tax/stamp duty on them.
i could be wrong. it's just every time i get a statement from BOI, i'm like 32 fupping euro over 2 months? what the fupp?

you get charged for every transaction you make, such is the policy of BOI, They make have a minimum balance requirement that allows you avoid that, but that's difficult to keep to. I believe AIB have a similar mechanism The charge would be imposed quarterly.
you should consider switching banks. although that can cause hassle during the changeover period.

The stamp duty on the cards is a government charge. The banks do not get a cent of it.
It was Char-lee Mick Ree V 's decision to increase it to the extortionate levels that currently prevail. His only other option would be to penalise the SSIAs. Which would have caused uproar [not the magazine].

and i used to have a C64, that's where the 64 comes from. I had a Vic20 before that, classic. Not anymore, though, me mam gave them to me cousins up in Cavan. I'd say they've probably trashed them now. Goddamn, it's just not right. Used to love playing Barbarian, Creatures, Bubble Bobble and Head Over Heels.

the lmd bit comes from me name. as in L.M.D.

I had a ZX81. sold it for £55 in 1984 to a family who were moving to Moneypoint Co Clare

I then had a ZX Spectrum 48K which I sold for £150 as recently as 1996. I now regret it and have since bought 2 CD roms worth of Spectrum games in an attempt to relieve my early teenage years.

did someone say...

VIRUS?!!?
hiv%20and%20aids.jpg

Barbarian

What a great game, i loved when you chopped someone's head off and the little troll bloke cam on and kicked his head off the screen.
Amstrad 64k with a green screen and cassette drive for me.

Originally posted by Ed
What a great game, i loved when you chopped someone's head off and the little troll bloke cam on and kicked his head off the screen.
Amstrad 64k with a green screen and cassette drive for me.

barbarian.gif

for real

the evil guy with the firebolts at the end was really hard to kill. like almost completely impossible. and the flying neck chop and the little green man with the evil laugh and when the head bounced after he kicked it off screen, making a little 'bok-bok' sound. the best!

Urgent VIRUS ALERT

We have been made aware of a serious computer virus called "Palyh-A" which
is being currently circulated.

Description
W32/Palyh-A is a worm which spreads by email and also attempts to copy
itself to network shares.
The worm appears to arrive as a .PIF attachment from [email protected]

This virus is particularly virulent and should you receive any mail with
attachments where you are unsure of the source, please ensure you do the
following :

Do NOT OPEN any attachment
Do NOT FORWARD or CIRCULATE such mails to ANYBODY ELSE

this week i have been mostly teaching people how to not share folders over the network with full permissions for 'everyone'.
again.
gits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back