[UPDATED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (1 Viewer)

miguel_myriad

Atlas Sound is the solo moniker of 25 year old Deerhunter frontman / provocateur Bradford Cox. It is also the earliest incarnation for his musical adventures.

Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel … is the Georgian's debut album, a serious body of work that manages to combine seemingly incongruous sound elements to make a wonderfully cohesive pop narrative.

It is also one of the year's first truly great albums.

MONDAY MAY 19th

POD and Aiken presents ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

Support: Atlas Sound
Tripod / €20 & 24.50 / 7.30pm

The New York City based experimental musicians return to Dublin. Support from latest 4AD signings Atlas Sound.

www.paw-tracks.com
www.myspace.com/animalcollectivetheband www.myspace.com/bradfordcox

Atlas Sound: Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel

"The dream of one summer, this last summer I had. It's almost as if I had one continuous dream and the product of archiving it is the album you have here." Bradford Cox

Atlas Sound is the solo moniker of 25 year old Deerhunter frontman / provocateur Bradford Cox. It is also the earliest incarnation for his musical adventures.
Although Let the Blind… is the Georgian's debut album, the genesis of this music can be traced back to when Bradford was a kid, more specifically when in sixth grade; a time when he discovered through reading a Beck interview that his family's disused karaoke machine could be used as a rudimentary multi-tracking device. Furthermore, the darker childhood experience of spending an entire summer on a children's hospital ward undergoing operations also (understandably) plays a pivotal part in colouring his music.

Bradford is everything with Atlas Sound and what you hear is a complex, expansive bedroom recording. Totally absorbed and working at a prolific rate, he channels a stream of consciousness, leaving the scorched beauty of his vocals raw and untreated.

Citing the "ideas that I can't make work with a five piece rock band," as the basis of his solo work and unrestricted, he makes an unparalleled meld of garage rock and ambient electronics. A sunken 4/4 techno beat underpinning "Winter Vacation"? Perfect. Mbira loops running over the top of "Quarantined"? Just what it needed. An insistent, clipped drum roll carrying "River Card"? Masterful. It's this innate ability to combine all these disparate elements into a singular whole that makes this album such an enjoyable and unique listen.

Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot

Feel is a serious body of work that manages to combine seemingly incongruous sound elements to make a wonderfully cohesive pop narrative.

It is also one of the year's first truly great albums.

Re: ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

yeh. looking forward to it so much it can only disappoint - oh yeh!

Re: ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

I'll be there, probably gonna end up missing Atlas Sound because of work and I called in sick on Friday to go to the pub and I need time off next week to go see Animal Collective in Portugal so I don't think the boss would be too happy if I pretended to have food poisoning again.

CANCELLED : ANIMAL COLLECTIVE / ATLAS SOUND in Tripod tonight

Sorry bout this but the show tonight with Animal Collective at Tripod has been cancelled due to a missed ferry – the date will be rescheduled later in the year and all tickets will be valid for the new date.

In the meantime, refunds are available from point of purchase

Apologies.

Re: CANCELLED : ANIMAL COLLECTIVE / ATLAS SOUND in Tripod tonight

Sorry bout this but the show tonight with Animal Collective at Tripod has been cancelled due to a missed ferry – the date will be rescheduled later in the year and all tickets will be valid for the new date.

Apologies.

WAht what wait

what?

A.C canceelled? Or just atlas Sound?

No!
Noooo!

Re: CANCELLED : ANIMAL COLLECTIVE / ATLAS SOUND in Tripod tonight

Apologies.

Wha? Cancelled? You mean no Animal Collective.

Re: [CANCELLED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

what?

thats fuckin crap.

the reason I didn't go to Caribou last night was because of this.

bollox.

fuck.

second time in 3 weeks a gig I was meant to go to was cancelled because of missed ferries.

fuck

Re: [CANCELLED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

Seriously?? C'mon!

Are you serious?
Seriously serious?

When's "later in the year"?

It's not even 2pm... they can still make it!

I'll pay for their fucking flights!

You've gotta be taking this piss!!!
For fucks sake.

If it's true, I feel as sorry for them as I do for myself (a lot!)...

After Tripod the last time, I was talking to Geologist and he was adamant that they owe us one. In the Metro today, he was saying pretty much the same thing.

I'd say the next time they get a chance to come will be with the new album in the autumn. Boo fucking hoo

So are Atlas Sound still around town? Can they play a gig somewhere?

If it's true, I feel as sorry for them as I do for myself (a lot!)...

After Tripod the last time, I was talking to Geologist and he was adamant that they owe us one. In the Metro today, he was saying pretty much the same thing.

I'd say the next time they get a chance to come will be with the new album in the autumn. Boo fucking hoo
sorry for being slow but what happened last time?

This sucks for people who have tickets but as we all know, gigs aren't cancelled on a whim, there mustn't be another ferry for hours or something and they could hardly fly with all their gear :(

This sucks for people who have tickets but as we all know, gigs aren't cancelled on a whim, there mustn't be another ferry for hours or something and they could hardly fly with all their gear :(

a good few off the band got sick and it was mostly panda bear playing or something like that

Avey Tare who is the singer on the majority of the songs was ill and couldn't sing so they did a show with just Panda Bear songs (as AC) and then he did two songs at the end on its own. It was still really good but only half as good as it could have been.

God.... I knew I'd be disappointed eventually but not like this!!!

Yeah, Avey Tare had flu so they played a really short set of Panda Bear's songs.

I'm sure it's legit that they quit, but I can't help but feel like they could scrape it together somehow, even if it means a frantic drive from the port and a 5 minute soundcheck or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back