Uncle Sir Bobby (1 Viewer)

Richie

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2451560,00.html

Of the following 1-1 draw against the Czech Republic at Lansdowne Road, Robson was more impressed. He was particularly moved by the outpouring of joy and relief when Kevin Kilbane scored the opening goal.

“The team was inspirational,” Robson said. “I’ve been in football a long time but I have never seen a goal that has produced such an emotional reaction. Even I jumped out of my chair and, at the time, I was paralysed. “My wife said, ‘I thought you were paralysed?’ I said, ‘I know.’ I jumped up and I thought, ‘Well, that’s what the Irish team, the public and the country does to you.’ That’s what we’ve got here and that’s why I’m back.”

The guy's a bit of a legend, but is it a good idea for Bobby Robson to come back working for us? I really admire his enthusiasm and determination to bounce back but listening to him talk on Newstalk last night he sounded like your affable, unwell grandad that should be enjoying his retirement, not implicating himself in the high-pressure unsteady ship of Stan's Ireland. I don't think anyone wants us to be responsible for killing him off (if Kilbane's goal made him jump out of his hospital bed, God knows what seeing them ship 5 against Cyprus did for him). Then again, reading this interview, you get the feeling that maybe it's the idea that he still has something to give to the football world that's keeping him going, and the last thing he wants is to be forced into retirement. Does anyone reckon he still has a role to play for us or is it an indictment of the current system that we need a convalescent 70-year old to help 'the gaffer' make his decisions?

bobbyrobsonsm9.jpg

it's nearly over for bobby. beat cancer 5 times he has. not this time tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back