Troublemakers of the world - we bid you welcome (1 Viewer)

Shorty

writing at n-1 dimensions
jpg_final_battle_small.jpg

After trials in both the City Court and the National Court stating Ungdomshuset property of the Christian right-winged sect Faderhuset, we have been ordered out on December 14th 2006. The decision furthermore denies us possibility to take the case to the Supreme Court. Faderhuset refuses to sell the house. Of course we are not going anywhere. We are going to defend our house. But we need all the help we can get.

Look, this is going to be big, a few thousand pissed off punks, autonomes, anarchists and various other angry young people BIG. The sort of thing that willbe talked about in punk circles for years to come. This is a pretty advanced warning, so is it going to be the case that you'll be there smelling the teargas, the smoke, the petrol fumes, feeling the joy and exhiliration of running through the streets with a thousand other people all with the same goals, intents and purposes, the pure thrill and adrenalin of a rock in a cops face. Or that you'll be here talking about it on Eirecore. Time for people to put their proverbial money were their mouth is.

If you'll excuse the England reference and temporal and patriarchal problems, to quote Shakespeare

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

www.ungdomshuset.info

BOMBEREGN is playing in ungdomshuset on the 14th of December along with many other bands.

Anyone going you can fly Dublin - Malmo cheap with ryanair. Or else fly SAS dublin to copenhagen.

This shit is going to be crazy.

Look, this is going to be big, a few thousand pissed off punks, autonomes, anarchists and various other angry young people BIG. The sort of thing that willbe talked about in punk circles for years to come. This is a pretty advanced warning, so is it going to be the case that you'll be there smelling the teargas, the smoke, the petrol fumes, feeling the joy and exhiliration of running through the streets with a thousand other people all with the same goals, intents and purposes, the pure thrill and adrenalin of a rock in a cops face. Or that you'll be here talking about it on Eirecore. Time for people to put their proverbial money were their mouth is.

i find it hard to give a shit. apart from a few (very fucking few) people who've gotten to 'know i'm ok' because i'm friends with irish people who have dreadlocks and studs (???) etc i've found danish punks to be extraordinarily assholish and elitist. i have absolutely no inclination to support these people. and frankly i could give less of a shit if anyone thinks that is uncool, which i doubt anyone does because i have no dreads or piercings and haven't written a zine in years, so obviously my opinion doesn't matter. people who don't invest the largest part of their time in looking the part are pushed to the side...that's some fucking alternative system you have going, congratulations.

i find it hard to give a shit. apart from a few (very fucking few) people who've gotten to 'know i'm ok' because i'm friends with irish people who have dreadlocks and studs (???) etc i've found danish punks to be extraordinarily assholish and elitist. i have absolutely no inclination to support these people. and frankly i could give less of a shit if anyone thinks that is uncool, which i doubt anyone does because i have no dreads or piercings and haven't written a zine in years, so obviously my opinion doesn't matter. people who don't invest the largest part of their time in looking the part are pushed to the side...that's some fucking alternative system you have going, congratulations.

.|..|

ah jaysus boss i see where you're coming from but it's a wee bit harsh, surely humans by nature are elitist assholes, not just in the punk scene. Its funny in regards people not taking you seriously cause you dont have dreadlocks, thats just one scene, in minneapolis i got shit for not having a fuckin mohawk cause fuck all people had dreadlocks, in the end people who think that shit don't matter.

regardless of the political stance of somewhere like ungdomshuset it is something i hope will survive quite simply because its an amazing spot for live music, i really couldnt care less about alot of the stuff that goes on there but as a venue, pratice space and so forth i think it does invaluable work for the danish and european touring punk scenes.

I do hope ungdomshuset survives and i've met far too many fuckin sound people and sound punx to be burnt out by the fuckin idiots and fuckin posers, fuck 'em.

Spread points before giving yada yada yada..
What do you do when even the Irish punks there are elitist??

ah jaysus boss i see where you're coming from but it's a wee bit harsh, surely humans by nature are elitist assholes, not just in the punk scene. Its funny in regards people not taking you seriously cause you dont have dreadlocks, thats just one scene, in minneapolis i got shit for not having a fuckin mohawk cause fuck all people had dreadlocks, in the end people who think that shit don't matter.

regardless of the political stance of somewhere like ungdomshuset it is something i hope will survive quite simply because its an amazing spot for live music, i really couldnt care less about alot of the stuff that goes on there but as a venue, pratice space and so forth i think it does invaluable work for the danish and european touring punk scenes.

I do hope ungdomshuset survives and i've met far too many fuckin sound people and sound punx to be burnt out by the fuckin idiots and fuckin posers, fuck 'em.

I just don't like the idea that some right wing Christian Sect are behind all the trouble.

Here, has anyone been in this house?
I think I was in it last year, is it the one that is sort of facing towards that big park with the walls that are a bit tricky to climb over and a really old graveyard inside?
More or less central Copenhagen?

I didnt know they were Christian right wing dudes. They didnt seem that elitist to me (if that was them), although I was with a load of danish heads, and we were buying beer.
They werent as sound as the Norwegian punks knocking around Bergen a while back though.

Look, this is going to be big, a few thousand pissed off punks, autonomes, anarchists and various other angry young people BIG. The sort of thing that will be talked about in punk circles for years to come.

And what an incentive, how could one refuse?

This is a pretty advanced warning, so is it going to be the case that you'll be there smelling the teargas, the smoke, the petrol fumes, feeling the joy and exhiliration of running through the streets with a thousand other people all with the same goals, intents and purposes, the pure thrill and adrenalin of a rock in a cops face. ....

Time for people to put their proverbial money were their mouth is.

[/quote]

I'm with Ed on the idea of saving a place that's clearly a good venue for bands, and obviously I appreciate people wanting to defend what's basically their home,but this whole post from the title to the passage I've bolded above really comes across as "let's go to Denmark and break stuff".you'll have to excuse us "posers" who don't go then, when you all complain about getting beaten up "unfairly" by the cops.If it's troublemakers you want, round up a bus load of skangers.Romanticising violence in this way,as a tool to basically recruit people army style is fucking disgusting,what it has to do with punk rock is beyond me..yet more proof of how little I know about the scene nowadays obviously.

Fair fucks to Nooly for her post,I'd imagine the amount of grief she's going to get for having an honest opinion on something a lot of the Dublin folks are so keen on will be ridiculous.

I didnt know they were Christian right wing dudes. They didnt seem that elitist to me (if that was them), although I was with a load of danish heads, and we were buying beer.
They werent as sound as the Norwegian punks knocking around Bergen a while back though.

The christian right wingers are the reason it's closing down not the people who run it.

I'm with Ed on the idea of saving a place that's clearly a good venue for bands, and obviously I appreciate people wanting to defend what's basically their home,but this whole post from the title to the passage I've bolded above really comes across as "let's go to Denmark and break stuff".you'll have to excuse us "posers" who don't go then, when you all complain about getting beaten up "unfairly" by the cops.If it's troublemakers you want, round up a bus load of skangers.Romanticising violence in this way,as a tool to basically recruit people army style is fucking disgusting,what it has to do with punk rock is beyond me..yet more proof of how little I know about the scene nowadays obviously.

Fair fucks to Nooly for her post,I'd imagine the amount of grief she's going to get for having an honest opinion on something a lot of the Dublin folks are so keen on will be ridiculous.

Ungdomshuset is under threat of eviction and will have to be defended physically, all other avenues have been exhausted, and they have been numerous. No one is romanticising violence, it is merely a fact of the matter. They have put out a call for international solidarity, I don't see anything untruthful in what they are saying or what they expect to happen. They are not seeking t "recruit" people as you put it. AFAIK noone has ever complained about being "unfairly" beaten by the cops, merely questioned the fact that they have the 'legitimate' monopoly of violence within a given area i.e. being a wing of the state and the role that they play. Also, I don't see what this has to do with the scene "nowadays" either as this is something that has been part of it for over the last 25 years, but as someone who is self expressedly apolitical and wishes to see the punk scene as such too, that's understandable for you to think that.

Furthermore, Nooly's post (which I will address) doesn't express an opinion on something but on her own interpersonal experiences with danish punks who happen to be a large section of the users, but not sole users, of the house and as such really doesn't deal with any of the issues raised or the general reasons for going to support the house, merely her own subjective reasons for not going which she is perfectly entitled too.

Ungdomshuset is under threat of eviction and will have to be defended physically, all other avenues have been exhausted, and they have been numerous. No one is romanticising violence, it is merely a fact of the matter. They have put out a call for international solidarity, I don't see anything untruthful in what they are saying or what they expect to happen. They are not seeking t "recruit" people as you put it. AFAIK noone has ever complained about being "unfairly" beaten by the cops, merely questioned the fact that they have the 'legitimate' monopoly of violence within a given area i.e. being a wing of the state and the role that they play. Also, I don't see what this has to do with the scene "nowadays" either as this is something that has been part of it for over the last 25 years, but as someone who is self expressedly apolitical and wishes to see the punk scene as such too, that's understandable for you to think that.

Furthermore, Nooly's post (which I will address) doesn't express an opinion on something but on her own interpersonal experiences with danish punks who happen to be a large section of the users, but not sole users, of the house and as such really doesn't deal with any of the issues raised or the general reasons for going to support the house, merely her own subjective reasons for not going which she is perfectly entitled too.

translation "shut the fuck up grimes"

yawn

whatever,they're your mates man.the "put your money where your mouth is" comment and "the thrill of teargas" nonsense sounds eerie like a TA ad to me.you're not going to convince me otherwise.

And what an incentive, how could one refuse?

Well Mark, nobody said it was an incentive, though it was partially implied in that it will be good story material at the very least, but a minor detail at most. But then again what would be an incentive for you?

translation "shut the fuck up grimes"

yawn

No it's not that at all, I actually am glad that you put in your two cents, anything that furthers political debate on this board the way it is at the moment is welcome in my opinion. I even repped you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back