Tristeza Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Re: Tristeza

tripoli said:
http://www.opuszine.com/music/review.html?reviewID=323

I stumbled across their debut album when I was in the States two summers ago. I think it's f*ckin brilliant. Think they are from San Diego? Any o you guys heard it? Comments?

!ironyyy

yeah they were cool. jimmy lavelle was the main guy, he's currently in the album leaf who i think are back in ireland at the start of next month.
he also plays/played in the locust. you can decide if that's a good thing or not.

Just checked this out, seemingly lavelle worked with Sigur Ros too, interesting stuff. Thanks for this.

oh shit said:
yeah they were cool. jimmy lavelle was the main guy, he's currently in the album leaf who i think are back in ireland at the start of next month.
he also plays/played in the locust. you can decide if that's a good thing or not.

oh shit said:

Jeez, it looks like this June may possibly by my busiest month for gigs ever! The last gig in Whelans was beautiful. Hopefully he'll be playing there again.

since seeing the name of this thread "la tristessa' by the manic street preachers is playing in my head and i simply can't get rid if it.

chutneyfarmer said:
Jeez, it looks like this June may possibly by my busiest month for gigs ever! The last gig in Whelans was beautiful. Hopefully he'll be playing there again.
what else good is goin on? man id love to see A.L here

Not sure if there's any MP3's (think there's a video?)but you should check out the album, it's a belter. Nearly always stocked in Tower.

jane said:
Enny empeytrees? There's a nice noise coming from that site, and I want to hear more. They on Epitonic, by any chance?

eoinbox said:
what else good is goin on? man id love to see A.L here

well for me... Weezer, Fantomas, Wolf Eyes are the ones I've tickets for at the mo. Also playing are Dalek, M. Ward (which I'm gonna miss), Joy Zipper, Smog, Slayer, Les Georges Leningrad, and more.

Was checking the Album Leaf website, Ireland doesn't seem to be included on their European tour, your right, pity that.

sophistafunk said:
They are not playing here. I cant find it anywhere?

Anybody care to prove me wrong? and give me the details

tripoli said:
http://www.opuszine.com/music/review.html?reviewID=323

I stumbled across their second album when I was in the States two summers ago. I think it's f*ckin brilliant. Think they are from San Diego? Any o you guys heard it? Comments?

!ironyyy

Saw them in a Squat in Amsterdam 3 years ago!!!
Myself and 2 mates, 2 locals and the rest were memebers of Shalabi Effect(who supported).
Had a big suck off a doobie before they started...from they`re on in it was all just...heavenly!!!Tristeza and Shalabi effect jammed together at the end for a half an hour - was one of the most mindblowing performaces i`ve seen.
I then proceeded to beg them (& Shalabi Effect) to come to Ireland - but Shalabi Effect went for it(i then had to beg Nessy in Dublin, who rightly went for 'ok!' and put them on!, cause i was afraid to do gigs back then, too complicated).

I`ve been the coolest motherfucker on the block ever since i went to Tristeza....the coolest moffo on the friggin'block!!ninjaaaa

ahem.

rednecks played two gigs with tristeza, in rotterdam and belgium about three years ago. they were nice dudes, but didn't seem to be talking to each other very much. really good live, lots of space and locked grooves. the second album, the one on tigerstyle is the one i like best, tracks one and five rock. totally under-rated band, nice one for bringing them up.

:heart:

rich

Yeah, "dream signals in full circles" is on tigerstyle. The first track is one of my favorites too along with 7 chiaroscuro. Picked up and e.p called "Espuma" on gravity in tower last week, pretty sweet also.

japeo said:
rednecks played two gigs with tristeza, in rotterdam and belgium about three years ago. they were nice dudes, but didn't seem to be talking to each other very much. really good live, lots of space and locked grooves. the second album, the one on tigerstyle is the one i like best, tracks one and five rock. totally under-rated band, nice one for bringing them up.

:heart:

rich

Oh and just received their first album "Spine and Sensory" in the post this morning. It's expanded and remastered with three extra bonus tracks and bloody great (for anyone who was slow like me in purchasing it)!!!!

"Spine and Sensory is a soaring, hypnotic, and dreamy journey beyond traditional rock territory that delves into the realms of jazz, electronic music, and psychedelia" - Epitonic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back