Tour de France 2007 thread (5 Viewers)

Well, one study in 2005 does not conclusively mean bilzharia cures asthma, let alone variants of asthma that are triggered by exertion. Asthma's weird, I've had random asthma attacks while exercising and then nothing for years. Nor does one study say anything about what happens when bilzharia is in remission - could asthma come back? So to treat one study as conclusive proof, and to then add that "theres no way he has asthma", is not exactly peer-review standard, is it?

Anyway whatever, I am just winding you up. I agree he almost certainly dopes, and I retract my tentative support of previous years. Fuck cycling.

Did a quick google yesterday, and there does appear to be some other studies on schistosomiasis, which is another term for bilzharia, suggesting that it has a suppressive effect on asthma, or more generally on someone's propensity to have allergic reactions, of which asthma might be one. If he's legit Froome really has overcome a load of health issues to become an elite athlete.

Anyway, there's one fool proof way to figure out if someone is a doper or not. Are they a successful cyclist y/n?

I can't wait until Froome and Biggins have their trophies stripped off them in 10 years time when they finally admit to their doping
yeah well except the statute of limitations means they'll probably get away with it.

I'll be happy enough for them to be outed, whether stripped of their titles or not. Their wins are already tainted as can be.

Saw a lad in town today wearing a Credit Lyonnais maillot jaune and a lad in Greystones in Garmin bib-shorts and a rainbow jersey.

Simply not the done thing. Pfff.

Was David Millar a TT World Champ?

no, podiumed once (2nd place) though.

Interesting to see the spanish soccer team last night. They were using the same doctor as basso, contador, et al. Once the spanish authorities closed down his clinic (operacion puerto) the football team goes to shit.

though they should get onto contador and get the number of his new doctor off him

Interesting to see the spanish soccer team last night. They were using the same doctor as basso, contador, et al. Once the spanish authorities closed down his clinic (operacion puerto) the football team goes to shit.

Don't really think that was the drugs though, think it was more the shit attitudes and poor decisions. Maybe Casillas was on the drugs I guess.

this beggars belief. Now it transpires Sky got a dodgy TUE for Froome during Romandie.

He was pulled from Liege-Bastonne-Liege cos of a chest infection. One wonders, why not pull him from Romandie too? Or, why not get the TUE for L-B-L?

Guess who one the Tour of Romandie? Yep, poor, ill and sick Chris Froome.

The conspiracy theory going around is that Froome had just finished a stint in Tenerife and was pulled from L-B-L last minute as he was still 'glowing' (anyone who read the Lance docs will know what that means).

I knew Froome would have his downfall at some stage. I really did not think it would come this quickly. He run serious risk of being banned for the Tour now.

That's the thing that got LA out of his positive cortisoid test in Switzerland way back when? The back dated one?
same thing yes, but the circumstances are different. Lance needed something to cover a positive test retrospectively, hence the TUE being back-dated. In Froome's case, it was expedited to get him 'ready' for a race. Now its being said that the drugs the TUE was for can act as a masking agent for other stuff.

Some of the conspiracy theorists are a bit bonkers but the stuff they're saying about this is really interesting, and very, very plausible in a lot of cases.

prick got away with it. WADA says 'nothing to see here'. Pricks

I think he'll get his comeuppance sooner rather than later. He's such a complete prick I reckon the UCI will hang him out to dry before he can go and win 5 Tours or something. He has absolutely nothing going for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back