Time Trumpet (Armando Iannucci's new series.) (1 Viewer)

His Radio 4 show is very funny.

He came up with a new name for the British Isles:

"An audience with Guernsey"/

i was reading an article about it in some paper the other day - can't wait to see it. it sounds deadly. forget exactly what they said but i was just like 'this, i must see'.

Hmmm. I didn't think a whole lot about the preview. Some pretty funny ideas, but without a Morris or a Coogan for a front man it all just looked like a weak Brass Eye imitation.

Spam Javelin said:
Hmmm. I didn't think a whole lot about the preview. Some pretty funny ideas, but without a Morris or a Coogan for a front man it all just looked like a weak Brass Eye imitation.

Yeah i know what you mean but i thought Armando did a good job when he presented the armistice. Maybe he isn't as good a performer but I think he's a better writer than coogan or morris.

Spam Javelin said:

I think Ianucci made Coogan and Morris funny. The stuff he did on the Armistice was ridiculously funny.

I'm not saying that he's not a great writer and producer, it's just that from the clips I saw it seemed that the brass eye/day today format was being used and none of the actors seemed to have the ability to pull the material off.
I'm not sure that he appears in the show, he just does some voice overs. Which is good, as he doesn't make that seemless leap from backroom/radio to tv like contemporaries such as Ryan Tubridy have.

Prove me wrong Armando, prove me wrong.

I've no doubt that it'll be way better than most other comedys on tv though, apart from Two Lagers & a Packet of Crisps.

The preview didn't have the epiphiny-type effect that The Day Today did when I first saw it, all those years ago. Nonetheless, I will be tuning in to this.

I see spammo's point though

Lefty Frizzell said:
you would have been 10 years old.

This is true. I saw 3 whole episodes before I figured out it was a spoof. Ah, to be young again....

Spam+Lefty: stop it yee pervo's

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back