the melvins perform houdini in dublin (sat oct 1) (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 95
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 4
so excited about this, especially after seeing GANG OF FOUR DO ENTERTAINMENT in London on Saturday.

Gang of Four doing Entertainment.

Doesn't really mean much to me though. Only got into that record recently when a mate gave me a copy of it. Just wondering if it felt kinda lame watching a band play an album start to finish.

kirstie said:
so excited about this, especially after seeing GANG OF FOUR DO ENTERTAINMENT in London on Saturday.
was it full of haircuts and the like?

i love that album with all my heart but it's become this ubertrendy thing in the last couple of years. franz fucking ferdinand.

i hope the gig was shit

but that's only my envy

i hope it was great

No, it was full of auldfellas actually, a few scensters here and there but not too many. It was good, but it wasn't amazing to be honest. It was no Kraftwerk in the Olympia or Dexy's in Vicar St, put it that way.

The sound wasn't great - Tom King's voice was inaudible for a lot of it at the start and they didn't hit their stride until about 6 or 7 songs in. Also, he dances like Dr Zoidberg doing his mating dance. The venue was really nice, but not right for them - it was completely seated and really, you wanted to dance. They did put on a good performance - they move about on stage a lot, there's a lot of energy there, and it did really feel like being at a gig the likes of which we never went to what with being that bit too young.

They didn't play the record in order, which outraged Neil but didn't bother me too much, and they did 3 encores, one of which featured Tom King beating the shit out of a microwave with a baseball bat. Snore.

I'm afriad in the program we got on saturday it had the tracklisting for the CD version of Houdini. Well it'll give you ten minutes to have a slash and get a beer in before they come back for the encore(s) I guess.

Gang Of Four at the Barbican - 6.5 out of 10.

Couldnt get tickets off site so phoned them.They got straight back and processed it for me over the phone.Its cool when you get great service because I wasnt expecting a call back till much later on.Nice one roll on Saturday night.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
will they do the drum thing at the end?
time'll tell

yea i'm curious about that too.that'd be such a shit way to end a gig.then again crover might do an improvised drum solo in the spirit of it which could rock.
so there's no support.will there be any special guests?i missed the last song or two at ATP and missed David Fucking Yow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back