The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (2 Viewers)

Cannavaro, majestic as he was, was a master of the dark arts. All the great Italian defenders were/are, with the excpetion of Maldini. The rest of them will pull your balls if needs be.

Yeah, Baresi was a fair play kind of dude. But he'd hurt you if he had to. He came from an era of men kicking men. Franco would be sent off so often in the modern game, what with players and refs being what they are now. But as Cattle points out, it's the assaults that make Pepe the cunt he is. He'd have gotten sent off for that shit 30 years ago.

I was baout to post the same thing til I realised you already did. Being a "master" of the dark arts means performing them successfully. I.e not getting caught. In that regard Pepe and Ramos are novices.

If that appeared yesterday, you'd laugh.

Chelsea are being investigated by the Dutch FA over shenagins at Vitesse. Wouldn't it be mega-amusing to see them banned.

What a game in the Europa League. Valencia 3-0 down from the first leg against Basel, shite for about 25 minutes and then it just went to fucking space. 3-3 it's absolutely riveting stuff.

Juve are not being hugely impressive in beating Lyon, sounds like yours is more entertaining

Watched that up until Pirlo's free kick, French teams never come back. Surprised they got an equaliser. Valencia have been slick in attack and suicidal in defence. A real cup tie. You'll catch the extra time after the Juve match.

What a game! And a great final 4.

I hate all this bullshit in the British press that a PL team would walk the competition if, you know, they wanted to and it's some second rate tournament just not worth the effort. The teams left in are as good as anything in England.

What a game! And a great final 4.

I hate all this bullshit in the British press that a PL team would walk the competition if, you know, they wanted to and it's some second rate tournament just not worth the effort. The teams left in are as good as anything in England.
Better actually. Chelski won it last season and were the best team in it fair enough but From Arsenal downward in the table who could you genuinely see making it to the last four ? That's what I've been banging on about for about a year. Everton for example might make the CL, might even snake their way through the group stage if they got a massive slice of luck but as far as our actual level goes, this is what we should be aspiring to.

The EL is great, it's massively flawed, there are too many sides in it, it's far too long a process to win it and the current English system of putting teams like Wigan and Swansea (No offence to them but the league cup is a fucking joke competition) through only devalues it further. But it's massively important for sides without billionaire owners to compete in it so that they can compete properly if they break the top four. We've been top 6 or 7 or thereabouts now for about 5 years and we've no European experience in the squad because sides like Wigan aren't up to it and the Man United's and City's of the world don't give two fucks about actually competing. It's fucking bewildering.

Here, let's say that the final four in the Europa League all qualify for the champs League vis their league placing, then who gets the extra CL place? Does it go to one of the quarter finalists, or the fifth (or whatever) team in the winner's league?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back