The Daily Show Online (1 Viewer)

piratio

Website
www.lulu.com
Jon Stewart used to make up a huge part of my 'daily' :p routine. Now that they've re-designed the site and made it almost impossible to watch it, between the over-complicated UI and the terrible Flash player that is guaranteed to grind to a halt for some reaon after watching more than 4 or 5 episodes, I rarely watch it anymore.

Does anybody know of a place online where one might view them without all this badness? They sue YouTube everytime they so much as hint at it.

b

am I the only person who finds the daily show incredibly fucking irritating? It's just a stupid comedy show for people who wanna believe they are real liberal and that their leaders are stupid without actually focussing on anything at any length in depth. Seems full of jokes like, lets play some footage of george bush saying 'collateral damage' and then we can make some hillarious joke about it really meaning 'more dead soldiers and iraqis' and feel real smart. If this is what counts for cutting edge political discourse or even satire please just bring back spitting image!

and before anyone says it i understand the concept of satire, but the daily show is to politics what tesco 'mature' red cheddar is to the world of cheese:mad:

am I the only person who finds the daily show incredibly fucking irritating? It's just a stupid comedy show for people who wanna believe they are real liberal and that their leaders are stupid without actually focussing on anything at any length in depth. Seems full of jokes like, lets play some footage of george bush saying 'collateral damage' and then we can make some hillarious joke about it really meaning 'more dead soldiers and iraqis' and feel real smart. If this is what counts for cutting edge political discourse or even satire please just bring back spitting image!

and before anyone says it i understand the concept of satire, but the daily show is to politics what tesco 'mature' red cheddar is to the world of cheese:mad:

If you've watched political coverage for any length of time in the US you'll realise it's all spin and talking points (and all the Republicans fault of course).
Stewart's show tends to cut through the spin and say what most non-partisan people are thinking but no one's voicing.
It's not for everyone, but that's how I see it.

I think it's currently affected by the writer's strike.

am I the only person who finds the daily show incredibly fucking irritating? It's just a stupid comedy show for people who wanna believe they are real liberal and that their leaders are stupid without actually focussing on anything at any length in depth...

I don't know what you're on about? Satire? Who? I just like to have a wank to John's Dick Chenney impressions. How am I ever supposed to climax with all these buffering errors - totally messes with my rhythm! :rolleyes:

The Daily Show (and shows like it) is just a noise maker. It's up to POLITICIANS and the PUBLIC to make changes to their society. And if nothing else, if you can't at least respect John Stewart for this, his post-911 speech, one of the only heartfelt response I saw on TV, then fair enough mate. There's not much point in trying to change your mind.

he seemed to be almost making it clear that now prior preperation or thought had gone into anything he was saying. The interview was quite good, but how long can he keep up the thinly veiled references to the fact that he doesn't want to be there?

the colbert hand over was gold though

he seemed to be almost making it clear that now prior preperation or thought had gone into anything he was saying. The interview was quite good, but how long can he keep up the thinly veiled references to the fact that he doesn't want to be there?

the colbert hand over was gold though

God yeah, he completly improvised. So did Colbert too though. Colbert really showed his skill at it as you didn't even realise he was doin it improv. I'll watch las nights eps now to see if Stewarts resentment is still going strong.

I reckon J.S. is doin' a great job.2nd episode is funnier by far though.

definitly got back into the swing of it last night, good stuff

the polling guy was hilarious though, he had not interest in what the polls meant or wether he was feeding the media frenzy, just kept shrugging and smiling, shrugging and smiling

and if you haven't gone to the Sunday Times site to download Jon Olivers podcast do it NOW... he does a bit about English people phoning in radio chat shows about losing their deposits on their holidays to Kenya during the riots

"...which you have to admit take a lot of balls to do the day after they burn down a church full of children"

Anyone got any links to Daily Show clips online that aren't restricted by area? All the clips featured on the Huffington Post etc; aren't viewable anymore. :mad:

http://ozsoapbox.com/rest-of-austra...aily-show-colbert-report-from-outside-the-us/

Some Oz bloke has a guide to getting around it. I've tried it a couple of times with mixed results. I also get the impression that using proxies is not that good an idea, although I don't know why exactly.

Just series-linking them on More4 now and watching them when I can...i'm even more out of touch than usual.

yeah found some on TVshack.net, latest one from the 12/11. Files tend to out of sync a lot on that site though which is really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back