The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (7 Viewers)

Lili? Is this really you? Pop music fan, like? What has authenticity got to do with anything?
I have complicated feelings on this. I'll have to get back to you when i think some more but the short version is that I'm not fully sold on the 'pop music doesn't care about authenticity' mantra sold by popjustice.

Chill Lili, calm down.

"Chill Lili.....Chilli"

peter_packard.jpg

Back on topic....

I hate

The Smiths, (his moany poncey singing, some decent guitar tho)

Morrissey, (oh god, worse than above)

Bruce Springsteen (Fuck me he's dull, I've tried a few albums. Snore!)

Xiu Xiu (Dragged to one of their gigs, Never before had I such an urge to beat the Fuck out of such a phoney ponce on stage! Aaargh!)

M.I.A. (overrated)

Flaming Lips (don't know why so many love these)

((aside) Mindblowing French music list should include Ghedalia Tazartes; Urban Sax; Univers Zero / Art Zoyd (partly Belgian); Magma; Filles Qui Mousse; Mahogany Brain; Lard Free; Jac Berrocal / Catalogue; Shub Niggurath.) Stereolab at their best were unbeatable. Swans are superhuman.

I don't get William Onyeabor.

I showed Stereolab this thread, They're fucking appalled. They claim they had two good songs. I claimed it was the same song, slightly faster. That was the end of that conversation.

I don't get the critical wave of 'actually they're really good' that Paramore are currently riding on.

I might review all their albums this evening and get @pete to pay me for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back