The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (6 Viewers)

Lana Del Ray is much more enjoyable to listen to than the Swans.

Absolutely. Most people are faking it to some degree or other. No big deal, if you sound like this..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Absolutely. Most people are faking it to some degree or other. No big deal, if you sound like this..
that video sums up everything I hate about her. She takes all the mystery out of things and just pouts around looking for attention.

God she is the WORST

Here is a song she probably hasn't wrecked yet but definitely will:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's almost as if she is faking faking it. The best thing is to block out everything you've ever seen or read about her.

Or ignore her completely if you prefer

It's almost as if she is faking faking it. The best thing is to block out everything you've ever seen or read about her.

The whole thing about weird americana is that it's supposed to be weird, not a micro managed pop career.

Anyway i'm hoping making her my avatar will help me ignore her.

Last edited:
I never thought of the 'weird Americana' aspect before..

I should post that in the 'Things I SHould Have Known' thread

I haven't felt like this since I copped "Gaze into the fist of Dredd" was a take on "Gaze into the Face of Fear"

I had until that post by bubblebath in the other thread. I didn't even know what she looked like nor had I ever read anything about her. Still haven't. I vaguely knew that video game song but dismissed it completely because of the world video game. It's really easy to ignore if you want to, I still hate the words video game as a title or main hook of a song. I'm picky like that and the head in the sand approach, is sometimes better.

I bought the album in a "for fucks sake buy at least one contemporary record" moment

I listened to it a few times, it was ok ..it was put away and hasn't been played since.

I'm listening to it for the first time in ages on youtube...I have a feeling the record won't be seeing the light of day for another while.

There are a couple of good songs but overall...meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back