Talking Heads (1 Viewer)

dudley said:
i think fear of music has dated pretty badly, such an unbelievably sterile sounding record.
I wouldnt call it sterile.. more just kind of weirdly stiff.. all their stuff has an element of that I think. Still fantastic tunes, though. The paranoid rant on 'Animals' is hilarious.. same with 'Warning Sign' on More Songs - "I've got money now.. come on baby!"

You should check out The Catherine Wheel. It was a solo piece of music by David Byrne as a score for a Dance piece. It's kind of a cross between Talking heads, Eno and David Byrne's Latin stuff. I think the song 'What a day that was' from The catherine Wheel is in Stop making sense. I love the claustrophobic sound on Fear of music. It was recorded in a Loft and the tape machine they were using was slowing down and speeding up slightly while they were recording so the whole album oscillates slightly throughout.

'big business (after the shakedown)' from 'the catherine wheel' is also on 'stop making sense' (but not on the album) and it's fuggin amazing.

Remain in Light is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Unique shit! Nowhere have I heard such freaky guitar melodies. LOVE that album

The Catherine Wheel album is brilliant actually, used to listen to it a lot...
Some of the Brazilian music compilations that David put together have some amazing stuff on them... Jaysus, havent listened to this stuff in yonks... Must replace my turntable and dig out all that vinyl

that's right I still check here ..... often

I am a fan of Byrnes solo stuff....even though can be pretty patchy

The 'David Byrne' album is darn good in a stark, good songs way

'The Forest' - a much criticised ethinic/industrial/classical (?) album which I still listen to often. Well woth a listen loud on headphones

bush of ghosts = yes indeed, and that excorcism track is scary mary!

His other albums can be a bit slick, an with some dodgey ideas, but still have some top songs

oh, and I love his photography / arty farty work.
g'day

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back