switzerland (1 Viewer)

Reading a thing in the paper a few weeks back how no one in Zurich can afford to buy a house there
Like basically no one.
People that make €250k - not a hope. Renters.

Kinda not surprising, you walk around Zurich and it's fucking Ferraris and Porsches and the most fuck off Mercs you ever saw, just everywhere.

ETA - found it
Average mortgage downpayment is €300k
Lol

View attachment 18029
Swiss city dwellers are culturally renters, not buyers. Not a new thing.

Swiss city dwellers are culturally renters, not buyers. Not a new thing.
Yeah, for sure.
A heck of a lot of them there see the positives in renting - homeownership is a legit major commitment and hassle - but it's calcified into a system now where the choice is gone.
So even the people that want to buy, can't.

We're a long way from that here, but it's the direction we're pointed towards.

I was looking in to going to a stoner rock festival in Val De Bagnes in August but its too expensive . €50 for 1 hr return local busses that kinda thing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was looking in to going to a stoner rock festival in Val De Bagnes in August but its too expensive . €50 for 1 hr return local busses that kinda thing
I had this Swiss pass thing cost a couple hundred quid but got me around everywhere for free. Not sure I actually saved money from it, but I did travel between 4 cities so I guess with the train fares maybe I did. Of course you need to be getting that much use to make it worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back