stereotypes by county/district (1 Viewer)

I like to think of us as " The Forgotten", "overlooked, but not really bitter about it", "The Bored", "irritated when someone thinks 'Ulster' doesn't include us"

I loathe the word " nordies"

the email LordDamian is talking about had us down as " smug- because they know theyre great" or something like that- which was odd

That's about right, me: "I'm from fuckin Northern Ireland ya cunt"

Cavan/Monaghan: listen to country-and-Irish music, drive souped-up cars, stingy with money, don't believe The Law applies to them

Donegal: as above, minus the miserliness, plus some wildness and fist-fighting and with trad instead of C&I

how dare you!

C&I is huge in Donegal!

Daniel O'Donnell?

Although I'm quite happy if we're better known for trad than C&I.

Folks from Longford even have their own soap:

onion_news2640.jpg

Although I'm quite happy if we're better known for trad than C&I.

yeah but lets face it...the truth hurts

I was in an RTE studio with Margo on Sunday as she sang, in her own, peerless style, a cover of a Dolly Parton song- which you can see on Ardan next Sunday on TG4

one of my strongest memories growing up is the bum-bum, bum-bum of the bass as some shit Country and Irish band played in the pub as middle aged ladies danced together with their shoes off.

The time "The Clubmen" doing a cover of Okie form Muskogee got the whole pub to laugh at me when they sang the line " We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy" is seared into my soul

cunts

Whatever happened to Margo?

She was my favouritest.

there were rumours of ( makes drinky drinky motion)

my sister saw her in concert where she was reduced to a blubbering mess because an old lady in the front row reminded her of her mammy

Shes seems in fine form now, hale and hearty and still just as popular with her supporters who were in attandence..her all-female supporters.(winks knowingly)

yeah but lets face it...the truth hurts

I was in an RTE studio with Margo on Sunday as she sang, in her own, peerless style, a cover of a Dolly Parton song- which you can see on Ardan next Sunday on TG4

one of my strongest memories growing up is the bum-bum, bum-bum of the bass as some shit Country and Irish band played in the pub as middle aged ladies danced together with their shoes off.

The time "The Clubmen" doing a cover of Okie form Muskogee got the whole pub to laugh at me when they sang the line " We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy" is seared into my soul

cunts

Wanna hug?
calvin%20hug.jpg

Thankfully there weren't too may C&I bands around the Town when I was a young lad. The blessing of the downtown.

Listen. I am from the south side. And I am not from Drimnagh. And I am dead on.
You dont believe me? Look at my rep.
EVERYONE likes me. They all think I am dead on.
I am so sound, I can even mix it up with disadvantaged Northsiders (as long as I can understand their rough accents.)
And people from the country.

So, your stereotypes lie in tatters. Hah.

hahaha i know this got who is as south dub as the rest of us but goes around saying she was born in crumlin and had a hard hard life to impress crusties

FREE CRUMLIN HOSPITABLE 4 LIFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back