South Africa to win! (1 Viewer)

new zealand and australia out of the RWC. yee haa! south africa to win! i'm off down to the bookies to place a bet.

I had them picked for it a week ago but if I put money down it'll jinx them. Considering how up for it the Argentinians and French are and the 2 upsets yesterday I think both of them are in with a chance.

Two great matches yesterday.. the Southern Hemisphere sides didn't look like they were expecting to have to fight for it at all. Couldn't believe the All Blacks didn't go for the drop goal at the death. Wonder if Fiji will be able to put any sort of a challenge up to South Africa today?

I had them picked for it a week ago

I may have to reassess that position. They've been given serious frights by the Tongans and the Fijians when the south sea sides cut loose and played an open game off the cuff. The French (if they get past the English) certainly have the backline to play that sort of game but they've also got a pack that's big enough and mean enough and strong enough to not get bullied by the bok pack. They've also got to get past the winners of tonight before that.

Jaysus! I don't have any nails left after that Scotland - Argentina game. Well, from the last 20 minutes anyway. FUXAKE!!!
yeah, what a pity parks kicked that ball out in the last 5 mins. they could've won it with a try and conversion.
sa have a tough match ahead of them now but i still think they'll do it.

Chabal!

sebastian_chabal200.jpg

I dont give a fuck any more.
The RWC is dead to me now. No All Blacks, no Aussies, no Ireland.
France are not that good, although they try to play Rubgy. SA are not that good. England are shite. Argentina are not really that great.

I just dont care who wins now. Probably France will get it, they are the least bad team left.
NZ and Aus just didn't take their matches seriously, and they fucked up. They are still better teams than those the four teams left.

i know nothing about rugby,
but whats the deal with the irish flag here? http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fixtures/poolstage.html

As Flashback said, the team isn't the team of the Republic of Ireland, it includes players from Northern Ireland.

That flag has the emblems of all four provinces (Connacht, Munster, Leinster and Ulster) and the Irish Rugby squad emblem in the middle. If we ever do get a united Ireland maybe we should change our flag to a similar one, with a Nation once again for the Anthem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back