sequence of pedals (1 Viewer)

left to right:

loop station 1 - loop station 2 - tuner - delay - distortion - amp footswitch

once i was pissed and put the distortion on far left. halfway through song, hit distortion, the loop (that was supposed to stay clean) goes distorted. it sounded.. horrendous.

-
Why two compressors? - because i like them :)
Oh yeah! But I find that me guitar gives an awful buzz off it with too much.

I generally go with...

guitar-> tuner > compression > phase shifter > micro pog (octave) > big muff > reverse delay > delay

As for the effects loop, like the guy on the that link posted:

"I totally forgot about the effects loop. I've been just going in through the front the whole time."

Could that be a contender for the Profanisaurus or what!?!?!?

- guitar>compressor>compressor>eq>overdrive>delay>tremolo>chorus>amp,
Why two compressors? - because i like them :)

I recently got a 12 string Danelectro Hodad, and I've got it into my mind now that i need a compressor to make it sound even better. But i've no idea what a compressor will do, will it make the guitar sound bright and jangly or summat?
So i looked up compressor pedals and came to the conclusion that i want either an MXR or a Guyatone
I've heard that Boss ones are very hissy, so they're a no no
Any ideas?

I'd go for the MXR.
Better build quality.
I have a Guyatone EQ, although it sounds great, its a bit flimsy and the switch is a bit dodgy.
I also hear that the MXR is more transparent.

derek crumb swears by this compressor called the jangle box. i recently got a EH black finger valve compressor. its very nice, and very transparent.

Compressor on bass, yeah.
I'm with you on that.

Just wondering what folks are looking for / getting from compressing their guitar signal? Curious, like.

I recently got a 12 string Danelectro Hodad, and I've got it into my mind now that i need a compressor to make it sound even better. But i've no idea what a compressor will do, will it make the guitar sound bright and jangly or summat?
So i looked up compressor pedals and came to the conclusion that i want either an MXR or a Guyatone
I've heard that Boss ones are very hissy, so they're a no no
Any ideas?
Well, by compressing the signal, you are going to get more hiss,(it reduces the dynamic range, then boosts the signal), but i guess you can either live with it or not.... the Jangle Box is good, but the Aphex optical compressor is really good too, - i got mine from Pure pedals - it some guy here - 99euro !, (i got a look at Bob Mould's pedalboard, and he uses one !), the Jangle box worked out way more expensive - (but i got it as a present :) )- i'm not sure how well compression works with distortion tho - i think it depends where you put the compressor in the chain - (compress before or after eq,distortion?-?) but compressing clean guitar makes picking really come alive, and lets chords ring out.

Well, by compressing the signal, you are going to get more hiss,(it reduces the dynamic range, then boosts the signal), but i guess you can either live with it or not.... the Jangle Box is good, but the Aphex optical compressor is really good too, - i got mine from Pure pedals - it some guy here - 99euro !, (i got a look at Bob Mould's pedalboard, and he uses one !), the Jangle box worked out way more expensive - (but i got it as a present :) )- i'm not sure how well compression works with distortion tho - i think it depends where you put the compressor in the chain - (compress before or after eq,distortion?-?) but compressing clean guitar makes picking really come alive, and lets chords ring out.

Nice One!
Cheers for that."compressing clean guitar makes picking really come alive, and lets chords ring out" is exactly what i'm looking for. Heading to the US next month, so i might hang on til then to make the investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back