sequence of pedals (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
what's your preference?

Normally I go: guitar-tuner-eq-overdrive-delay-tremolo-amp

However, I'm finding that if I place overdrive at the end I can really crank it - but this means that the EQ pedal is now beside the idiosynchratic old Boss delay pedal and they're not happy neighbours. It's hard to describe, but it seems like the delay is fucking with the eq - like taking in some of its signal but not other parts, borrowing its hedge clippers and not returning them, etc.

Am I imagining this? Does this even matter? Maybe it just needs a battery, but the light is on full whack. It's a new EQ so I hope it's not banjaxed.

I have my tuner at the end of the chain.
Main distortion/fuzz/overdrive first
then eq then the wobbly effects trem/delay/chorus/phazer/flanger then tuner then amp

although I do oftentimes have a second distortion after the flanger

guitar>fuzz>distortion>boost>EQ>tuner>amp

and

bass>tuner>compression>distortion/fuzz>DI/EQ>amp

Does everyone put their effects through the effects loop or straight into the amp input?

Any "rules" for when you should/shouldn't use the effects loop?

Modulation shit in the effects loop.
Distortions and compressors wouldn't work so well there.

The first time I used an effects loop was with a chorus pedal & I couldn't believe how much clearer it sounded.

Then I assumed that effect loops were great for everything.
Only now finding out that maybe that's not so.

I really must fuck around with my set up a bit more.

Guitar > Big muff > Wah > Overdrive > Tremelo > Flanger > Delay > Delay > Temelo > Amp

I think..., big muff into wah sounds rad, big muff after wah sounds muck... BUT over drive before wah is muck and after it is good...

*shrug*

guitar -> tuner -> dano fabtone (on lend, its awesome fuzz) -> boss OD3 -> jackhammer OD -> delay dd-6

That's the main rig. somewhere in there goes a muff, an fz-2, a fender blender and a mxr phase90, sometimes.

i tried putting my line 6 delay modeller through the effects loop and dinnae like it, it was altering the basic guitar tone. reckon it must be because it's feeding the same clean signal back in that i'm already sending to the amp directly, so there's a degree of...not quite phase but something odd

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back