Saturday (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Wow.

I mean, WOW.
I've been absolutely blown away by the turn out on Saturday and by the lengths that people went to in order to make the march as colourful and noisy as possible.
It was so sunny and lovely (freezing though) and it warmed me heart and chilled me kidneys.
unfortunately, stupid boyfriend made me go drink 'pints for peace' at 4.00 and that was the end of that.

I'm also delighted that Pete's gotten rid of the Hope banner.
It was making me ill.

Originally posted by aoifed
It was so sunny and lovely (freezing though) and it warmed me heart and chilled me kidneys.
unfortunately, stupid boyfriend made me go drink 'pints for peace' at 4.00 and that was the end of that.

It was amazing wasn't it, and the cross section of age, gender, race, there was really pretty inspiring. Like it wasn't all just local wags and crustys.

I too nipped off around 4 for hot drinks,
as much as I hate war, I hate Luka Bloom more...

i lasted til hazel o'connor

best placard belonged to a wee little girl
"arms are for hugs"

aoife, you have to use that for fakearms

one downside is the thunderous cold i've got from standing around in the cold so long. it was *freezing*

Glen Hansard's bastardisation of 'So This Is Christmas' drove me away.

there were an awful lot of people with Mercedes logos on placards...

What was that deformed North Korea thing about at all?
Very odd.
I have been unable to get warm since neither.

Pints for peace. I ask you. That boy would drink pints for anything.

i was stood at the very back of the thing. it took until 3.00 for us to move there were that many ahead of us. my favourite slogan was written on the hat of an elderly woman.
it said: 'killing for peace is like fucking for chastity'

Originally posted by old

Pints for peace. I ask you. That boy would drink pints for anything.

There was a lot of sterling work done in Whelan's from 4pm on Saturday.

There was also the Naggins for Peace drive and a peace pipe rally at a later stage.

Re: Re: Saturday

Originally posted by Pantone247
the cross section of age, gender, race, there was really pretty inspiring.

Pity there wasnt such a (careful now) class cross section. Lets just say that there was nobody left in Enniskerry but the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre was still thronged.

The only time I saw (careful now, again) townies was when the march had to stop at the traffic lights on O'Connell Street to let them cross.

Sad but True.

Were you holding the 'Dunshaughlin Anti War' banner, Anthony?
So, according to your post, your presence makes you an honorary southsider.
Welcome. Here are your robes. You will kiss this ring.

Sure. Just drop them back without the batteries.

Can I borrow some petrol out of your old man's car?
I've used all the petrol out of mater's and don't want to break this €50.

..yeah great day..I too was at the top of the hillwaiting for an hour..got pissed off waiting and then when me and the missus decided to wade into a couple of thousand strong..the march got on the move..bloody hippys.. late for everything. They said two o' clock goddamnit..hitler would have never won they war if he was late all the time...oh .....wait...er..bloddy hippies.

did anyone see the 6 lads in white boiler suits dancing and playing drums?

best sign: 'no war! or golf'

i don't think there was a class clash, everyone who cared was there, and there was a good atmosphere.

i was sorted pissed off with the amount of darragh purcell haircuts and cappachino's but howanever.

someone told me mcdonalds on o'connell street had to close, but when we marched by it was open, bold as brass....

good fun though. sinead o'connor's woeful version of redemption song... jaysus..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back