Rubicon (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So 4 episodes in and this is really good so far... but does anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on yet?

I was just posting about this on the TV series thread the other day. I have very little idea what's going on at all, but it's deadly, isn't it? Really nicely shot too. I like yer man the main guy's confused expression at the end of nearly every conversation he has.

I rike this a rot.

From the pilot, I thought it was just going to be another one of these "what the fuck is going on?!" shows rushing in to fill the vacuum left by Lost's ending (like "Persons Unknown"), but they seem to have changed direction in the last few episodes and made it more about the characters. Which I'm totally behind. Can't wait to see where it goes now.

Only caught the first two eps as I'm catching up on True Blood first but they genuinely seem to know where the series is going to go. People are complaining on other forums as to how slow it is but I'd day when it hits DVD it'll get far more popular. It's a show designed for boxsets.

Is Kale Ingram officially the first cool, non-camp gay character on TV?

His scenes are always reminding me of other things (in a good way). Like the first scene last week could have been from The Conversation, and the scene last night where he was being, eh, quietly efficient, reminded me of something I couldn't place.

I really hope it doesn't get cancelled at the end of this series. Maybe a lot of people like it, but I feel like I haven't read many people writing about it in the way they write about Mad Men, etc.

Anyone know if they're just on a mid-season break, or if they were just doing a 13-episode season? If it's the end of the season, anyone know if it's been picked up for a second?

Great ending though. They totally nailed the paranoia/nihilism that made the conspiracy thrillers of the 70s so great.

I like the others on the team. Miles in particular is a great piece of acting - his mania and figetyness, Grant has developed into a likeable character after being presented as bit of an oaf in the first episode.

Tanya too.

I thought her taking the pill in the middle of the investigation was nicely handled, it just kind of happened quickly and then they moved on.

Jessica Collins who plays Maggie - cute as a button

And the girl in the opposite apartment is just believably psycho - no histrionics or crap, just kind of flaky and a bit too something...

Anyone know if they're just on a mid-season break, or if they were just doing a 13-episode season? If it's the end of the season, anyone know if it's been picked up for a second?

Great ending though. They totally nailed the paranoia/nihilism that made the conspiracy thrillers of the 70s so great.

there's still one left...

no word on a 2nd series yet.

Is Kale Ingram officially the first cool, non-camp gay character on TV?

2diedxy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back