Ripped off on Adverts.ie (1 Viewer)

cyclotron

Since 2000
Hi all - does anyone have any experience in following up disputes on Adverts.ie ? I posted money to this scumbag and he never posted the item and now won't refund the money.

hahah ! Not yet, but I have visualized finding out and doing exactly 45 quid's worth of damage to his car/gaff.

150 for an mpc which was faulty. Nearly the same again to ship to uk for repair. Fecker lived in a block of flats and I couldn't remember where exactly. Hope he has piles for the rest of his days.

Incidentally, Akai are a horrible company to have to deal with also. Piles for them too.

Ahhh...that's nasty. I am trying to find out if this implicates Adverts in any way though. It can't be good for them to keep housing rip-off merchants so I am hoping that there is some kind of follow-up.

Never been ripped off on adverts, but the carry on of some of the users really annoys me. It's full of time wasters.

"Anything in my ads? I'll swap you a large bag of cement for that guitar..."

Ahhh...that's nasty. I am trying to find out if this implicates Adverts in any way though. It can't be good for them to keep housing rip-off merchants so I am hoping that there is some kind of follow-up.

Nowadays you have to pay adverts for a successful sale so maybe they are implicated in some way because of that.

At least report it to adverts.

I had a bass up for 1200 euro and dude offered me 500, then 550 then 600 all while claiming to not be trying to insult me.

Had a few piss takers but I hand out negative feedback like it aint no thang, so that kinda puts pricks off.

Is he denying he got the money?

Lads, my bass player is from Burgos. He joined and quickly found a decent amp for €150 on adverts. Was working fine until the sound cut out last night. The display still shows it's receiving sound, it just ain't putting any out.
Dude was "It was working fine for me" and didn't want to know. The sale was less than a month ago.

What would ye do in this situation?

I don't think there's much you can do about that. It was working at the time of sale. Caveat emptor and all that, right?

Lads, my bass player is from Burgos. He joined and quickly found a decent amp for €150 on adverts. Was working fine until the sound cut out last night. The display still shows it's receiving sound, it just ain't putting any out.
Dude was "It was working fine for me" and didn't want to know. The sale was less than a month ago.

What would ye do in this situation?

Cry.

If you buy second-hand items through a private sale – like a second-hand car through a newspaper or website advert - you have no consumer rights as you are not buying from a business.

If you buy from a private seller, the item only has to be owned by the seller and fit their description. The item does not have to be suitable for any purpose. So it is very much a case of "buyer beware". You should check the item carefully and make sure you are happy before you buy it. For example, if you are buying a second hand car privately, you should consider having a mechanic look at it first.

- See more at: Buying second-hand goods - Consumer Help

"The item does not have to be suitable for any purpose. "

I've bought a few of them in my day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back